Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Blue Monday on Brooks Bay
Klaskish Inlet – Brooks Peninsula
West Coast of Vancouver Island, BC

51 40’01.65”N 128 07’14.07”W

8 Likes

Here’s a gem… NT took this one and sent it to me.
Arthur1
Wisconsin River morning
10 07a
North Shore Superior Tributary

Jump River WI lunch stop

2 Likes

Umbagog 2018

6 Likes

Umbagog 2011

3 Likes

New York Harbor during Opsail

2 Likes

Man, so many really nice photos. Too many good ones to even pick out any favorites. Thanks all!

Took this in 2011 at Lake Umbagog

3 Likes

Andy , you are an artist. There are zillions of paddling photos, but few compare with yours.

Morning in the Goose Group
Queens Sound, BC
51 55’38"N 128 25’56"W

1 Like

Brady’s Lake, PA

3 Likes

Split Rock reservoir 2013

2 Likes

fort bovisand,It was built as a result of the Royal Commission on the Defence of the United Kingdom, which reported in 1860.

Drake’s Island is a 6.5-acre island lying in Plymouth Sound, the stretch of water south of the city of Plymouth, Devon. The rocks which make up the island are volcanic tuff and lava, together with marine limestone of the Devonian period

end of draks island looking out to see

jennycliff At Jennycliff there is a small pebble beach with rock pools. Above the beach there is a pleasant grass area suitable for picnics and games and there are fine views to enjoy across Plymouth Sound

3 Likes

My granddaughter, isn’t she pretty?

13 Likes

Very nice. And it seems somehow kind of exotic from where I sit here in Wisconsin. The word “fresh” springs to mind unbidden.

Morning on Skull Cove

51 02’55.96”N 127 33’52.95”W

My goal for the day was Port Hardy which was 21.5 NM across Queen Charlotte Strait. Weather was calling for NW @ 15 – 20 knots so I was up at dawn and on my way before the “Queen” woke up and got her bitch on.

7 Likes

Very cool! Meanwhile, I’m waiting for my new rack to arrive. New vehicle has these stupid flush rails, and my old Yakima towers won’t work.

1 Like

Here’s something a little different. Behind the wall in the photo is the discharge chamber for the water turbines at a paper mill on the Hudson River, just north of Schuylerville, NY. The mill was torn down and this is all that remains. A bank of 10 (I think) water turbines would discharge behind the wall and the water would then flow out through arched openings that are almost entirely under water. Some stones above one opening have collapsed. The big arch on the right is the bypass tunnel where they would route excess water that wasn’t needed for the turbines. The brave can paddle under the arch with the broken stones and find yourself in a creepy man-made cavern. The last photo shows the one turbine that remains viewed from the land-side.

Mill_0

Mill_2

Mill-3

7 Likes

Creepy…but cool!

1 Like

Brady;s lake PA

3 Likes