Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Brady,s lake, PA

1 Like

1 Like

Ah, caves and artifacts… they have a certain beauty also. Things paddlers are likely to encounter more than others.
Abandoned machinery on the Green River, Hey Joe Canyon uranium mine

Looking out from cave spring on the Current river MO

Cave Spring entrance

Remains of Welsh Spring TB sanitarium - TB patients were housed in the cave where they would receive cool moist air as treatment. Current R. MO

And something natural - Pot hole on the Jump R. in WI. For those who aren’t from glacially affected areas: These potholes are formed when a rock was caught in a small cavity and trapped there as glacial melt water swirled it in place until it drilled a hole in its base rock and ultimately wore itself down to nothing. This one was partway down Little Falls rapid next to a convenient eddy.

6 Likes

A pretty picture of Inner Thrumcap Island viewed from Little Thumcap Island (public access, no campsite), near Christmas Cove, Maine.
Thrumcap

And a great name for a lobster boat, “Crustacean Frustration”.
Crustacean Frustration

2 Likes

Blue heaven

5 Likes

1 Like

Vertigo

1 Like

Andy, are you using filters?

No, when the light changes, I am all over it, when I’m paddling. I enjoy early morning paddles, when the sun is low in the sky. Makes for much better and interesting photos.

Like the guy in The Bridges of Madison County. You have an artist’s eye.

Protected waters in Maine for group of all skill levels. Tidal section of the Pemaquid River as it opens into John’s Bay.

Imgp0041a

4 Likes

Okefeokee Swamp, Georgia

Afternoon on Estevan Sound
Campania Island, BC
53 03’01”N 129 26’50”W

1 Like

2 Likes

Dang! Beautiful image. What lighting!

Is that fresh water?

1 Like

Yes, Lake Azischohos in Maine

Early morning at a local haunt. Split Rock reservoir

2 Likes

Fall foliage paddle at Split Rock, NJ

2 Likes

Morning on Cultus Sound
Hunter Island, BC
51 53’49"N 128 14’06"W

3 Likes

Mission Beach, far north Queensland, Australia, Dunk Island offshore on the Coral Sea. Gearing up for a quick paddle before that storm hits us.

2 Likes