Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

4 Likes

With the onset of cooler weather the turtles at my local lake have resumed basking. Or maybe they just want a good look at the Fall color. With the lake almost empty they’re more relaxed too

7 Likes

Took our new Northstar Tandem out for a test drive at Bear Creek Lake North Carolina on 10/14/2021. This picture of Sols Creek Falls above Bear Creek Lake, does not do the area justice, it was beautiful. There are actually 4 waterfalls around the lake, Sols Creek Falls is the largest. Air temperature was in the mid 70s, water temperature was right around 70.

1 Like

Our local painted turtles are up to the same tricks.

Was sailing yesterday with friends, and thought these might be acceptable. They are just pretty pictures after all. The first 3 are taken by my friend Clint.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Pretty nice morning in Maryland for some exploring of the Rhode River.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Came home to this after work

14 Likes

Love that shot of Paris peering out from under the cockpit.

4 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Stunning! I need to see the northern lights in person in this lifetime.

2 Likes

Your photo reminds me of this poster

3 Likes

Great, yes it does.

1 Like

Crossing Alcona Pond this Saturday (October 23, 2021 - AuSable River)

Leaving Camp & into the mist Sunday morning:

6 Likes

Love it…. Great memories coming across Alcona at daybreak

I always thought a pond was a body of water you could almost throw a rock across.

Along with Mio, Cooke, Loud and Foote, Alcona is part of a series of ponds, basically large backed up sections of the Ausable River, behind power dams between Mio and Oscoda, mi

It’s local custom to refer to the impoundments on Michigan’s AuSable River as “Ponds”.

We were traveling at about 50% - 60% of race speed and started fresh while the racers would have been paddling ~7 - 10 hours to get where we started at the FS 4001 bridge.

1 Like