Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

11 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

1 Like

Nice day for a fall race in the finger lakes…

2 Likes

Obviously an EPIC event.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Stormy dusk over beluga sanctuary, Baie Ste. Marguerite, Saguenay Fjord, Quebec

And the best pre-kayaking breakfast I ever ate at Cafe Boheme in Taddousac, Quebec (in Saguenay Provincial Park). Almond topped fresh baked brioche with maple syrup, boreal blueberries and chevre, all locally produced, fresh-squeezed OJ and a side of perfectly ripened fruit.

4 Likes

Paris is priceless. :heart:

3 Likes

Every dog has their day. You got a fine bitch Chuck, pnet exiles indeed

Peace J

Sunset paddle in 24°C in mid October. Doesn’t happen often up here. 45.561308,-75.290487

6 Likes

The marsh at Jeckle Island, GA.

Down to the 70s at night time to light a fire.

7 Likes

While you’re on Jekyll, stroll down to ‘Driftwood Beach’.
(and, hey, is that half-way sunk ‘Golden Ray’ cargo ship still there (between St Simon & Jekyll) )

1 Like

We were here three weeks ago. Driftwood beach is kinda interesting. That island is moving south around 65ft a year lately according to our tour boat captain. Sand leaves driftwood beach but collects on the beach on the south end, Jeckle Point.

The car carrier has had its final cut. The last two sections were waiting on the tugs to take them away.

When we were on Driftwood the GWC and COast Guard were on the beach collecting samples to check for pollution. I watched GWC body bag a dead pelican for study.

Our picots are in other camera.

1 Like

“We should bump into Anderson Island in 5 minutes”

3 Likes

Crystal River, Three Sisters Springs and some abstract spring art.

6 Likes

Excuse me while I scrape my jaw off the floor. I need to visit Three Sisters Springs!

3 Likes

Put it (and really any of the Florida springs) on your list. Three Sisters is open to kayaks from April 1 - Nov 15, most others have no restrictions.

1 Like

It is on the list! I will plan a trip once we are out of this damdemic. I also have Alaska/Vancouver and Scotland trips on my list, but I digress. If I plan something, it would be so fun to meet you if you’re game. I have a couple of friends in St. Pete to see but they are not paddlers.

2 Likes