Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

low cloud below the peaks and above the islands

1 Like

The inlet area does look similar. According to the META data it was right around here:
45.18777618589388, -71.14976576719846

And OMG, a moose!? It was enough excitement for us when the Jeep’s windshield got really friendly with a full grown turkey. I can’t imagine a moose (even a baby one). I assume the car took damage. Hopefully everyone was okay except for a bad case of “What the hell just happened”.

1 Like

First time kayaking on open sea. Was visiting friends in Bellingham, WA and decided to get some rentals.

The other images are front hikes around several lakes near my friend’s house.

First time posting here :sweat_smile:, hopefully is something worth of this forum.

5 Likes

Everything is worth it. Forum is pleased. Thanks.

1 Like

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Long Pond near Westford VT

3 Likes

Nuther one

6 Likes

My first evening paddle. I’ve enjoyed sunrise paddles but man, it’s cold out there now. I had forgotten that the ridges block the sun early.

10 Likes

Very nice. Looks cold.

1 Like

Morning fog on Lake Francis in Pittsburg NH. This started lifting around 10:45AM. We had been lazing around the house waiting for the fog to lift and I was craving a breakfast sandwich from Youngs, so we headed out there around 10AM and the fog was gone everywhere else, it was just a lake fog. We could have been on the water much earlier!

You can see how the drought has affect the lake level in northern NH.

And you just gotta have foliage. We’re 1-2 days past peak here but it is still nice.

8 Likes

Quick paddle on Lake Lucille, Wasilla Alaska

5 Likes

7 Likes

I like morning foggy paddles, still on Lake Francis, Pittsburg NH

Now here’s there photos, all about the same but all very different. It is crazy how your angle to the sun changes everything. Going straight into the sun was very disorienting, you lost all sense of the horizon.

4 Likes

Tucked in for the night
Balaclava Island, BC
50 49’55”N 127 37’34”W

4 Likes

Great Spot!

1 Like

Presidential Range NH from Kezar Pond ME

6 Likes

Androscoggin river on my way to lake Umbagog. Early morning.

13 Likes

Third Connecticut Lake

1 Like