Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Is the fencing to keep out the geese?

Yes just deters them a bit. It’s a bit disheveled from the recent floods

Wish I could post a video - great paddle sail in 10-15 knots of wind today. I averaged 5+ knots for over three miles.

6 Likes

Inverting @willowleaf color scheme, I brought this Stellar Intrepid into the Store yesterday.

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY. 12538
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: [www.the-river-connection.com]
Store: [www.the-river-connection.us]
Email: marshall@the-river-connection.com
Facebook: [fb.me/theriverconnection]
Instagram: Instagram.com/marshall.seddon

2 Likes

Another interesting color scheme that I brought into the store.

Stellar Intrepid Low Volume.

Moi

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY. 12538
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: [www.the-river-connection.com]
Store: [www.the-river-connection.us]
Email: marshall@the-river-connection.com
Facebook: [fb.me/theriverconnection]
Instagram: Instagram.com/marshall.seddon

4 Likes

Love that one, but I have a weakness for orange.

3 Likes

Nice combination with the grey.

1 Like

Same! It’s very classy with the grey.

2 Likes

Pardee Lake, Algonquin Park

2 Likes

2 Likes

Firebush in backyard.

Penrose Island Marine Park, BC
51 29’09”N 127 45’46”W

5 Likes

Night paddle in downtown Tampa last night. Full moon but it was overcast and sprinkling all night. Warm and light wind though, so it was very pleasant on the water.

7 Likes

A bit too cold, far and windy to paddle so we went up on the highway to Nome

2 Likes

I rowed with a friend and his dog down the Hillsboro River through Tampa on the last day of a 50 mile trip. The trip began from US 301 down the river, across McKay Bay, and up the Palm River (name may have changed) in 1967 during high school Christmas break. The place sure has changed since then.

1 Like

OOh, lusting for that grey and orange Stellar LV. Would go nicely with my new favorite sneakers.

I hadn’t thought Stellar followed Hoka color schemes but looking at my sneaks you might have something there.

Those are Cotopaxi collaboration Hokas.

I’m like a bowerbird or a pack rat: anything colorful draws me like a magnet. I confess I have acquired several boats and Even PFDs that I did not really “need” over the years because of their appealing hues.

The Hokas were on consignment at my friends’ indie outfitter shop used gear department and happened to be exactly my size. Couldn’t resist the colors and the quirky mismatched pattern to be honest, but they have turned out to be the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned, even defeating the incipient arthritis in my left middle toe. A friend noticed me wearing them last week and told me her podiatrist (who is a distance runner) recommends the brand to patients as the best orthotic option for foot troubles.

Are you a stocking distributor? I’m considering a second pair.

I love nighttime urban paddling and the way the water reflects and sparkles, like molten gold or quicksilver. There is an intimacy and mystery to it I never feel in the daylight. Here in Pittsburgh we have miles of rivers and bridges with abundant ambient lighting along the shoreline. They’ve outfitted some of the bridges in recent years with the “color wheel” LED lighting that cycles through the spectrum.

The famous Zambelli Fireworks is HQed in this area and their spectacular 45 minute Fourth of July annual display is launched from barges at the major confluence of Ohio River feeders downtown. I usually kayak down with friends and the river cops let us raft up along the breakwater at the Point fountain so we get a front row seat, ahead of the regattas of power boats. Being on the reflecting water beneath the pyrotechnics feels like you are suspended in a constellation of exploding stars.

2 Likes

I get my Hoka’s from a local store with a national reputation - Playmakers. I does look like that color combination was a REI thing though. If you don’t have a good local store you can set up a ‘HomeFit’ session at Playmakers: HomeFit - Playmakers

1 Like