Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

I’ve started routinely checking Ebay and the online used clothing sellerslike PoshMark to find another pair of these. I wear down walking shoes fast and these Hokas are like pure gold to me. I am taking a two week walking tour of New Zealand (with a p.com friend) this coming Spring and these give me confidence the nagging left foot issue won’t hamper me. I have been able to get back to my regular 2 to 5 mile fitness hikes since getting the Hokas.

Morning at Cape Cook
The Brooks Peninsula - Vancouver Island, BC
50 08’14.99"N 127 56’19.17"W

9 Likes

Bartlett Lake, Ariz.

2 Likes

Are we looking at a whale?

1 Like

Yes. A friendly Humpback.

2 Likes

Lake Natoma in Northern California today.

10 Likes

Spectacular! Paddling around Vancouver Island (on my way to visit friends in Alaska) is one of my near term travel goals.

2 Likes

Peanut Island in Palm Beach yesterday - went over to the East coast to visit my college roommate after Thanksgiving. Just a short paddle but we saw a manatee, sea turtle, starfish, iguanas and lots of fish and birds.

2 Likes

We use to picknick on Peanut Island when I was a kid. At high tide that is some of the prettiest water on the east coast.

1 Like

Reflections

5 Likes

Our winter go to. Open year round.

8 Likes

I’ve been to Peanut Island. My brother lives in the area. Photos make me wish I was there.

1 Like

Brodie, during March 2015 we were down visiting my wife’s nephew in Jupiter. I didn’t have my kayak. That beautuful water brings back memories. I shall return. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

Jupiter is a fun place to paddle too, although the boat traffic can be insane on a weekend.

I was impressed by the clear turquoise water. You’re right about the boat traffic. Those pictures were a nice reminder. We then went up to St. Augustine and the water was . . . not the same. A few years ago, I was in Tampa for work. A collegue working there invited us out to race on outrigger canoes. Tampa was nice, but the area around Jupiter and Palm Beach was surreal. I took picture in Palm Beach, but erased them because they could capture the spirit. Got to be there.

November 29 If it was still enough this lake closed last night.
Peace J

10 Likes

7 Likes

Ahhhhhh!

Weeki Wachee river today.

3 Likes

It’s getting close to egret nesting season. There’s a protected egret/heron/etc nesting area on my local lake, I look forward to futile attempts to photograph the babies.

7 Likes