Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Fogbow! I’ve only seen one a couple of other times. Very cool to see, especially while paddling. Fortunately the fog dissipated after about 1/2 hour since I forgot my compass :roll_eyes: Incidental kayak tour for color.

14 Likes

New Year’s Eve Day. Saw this guy flip his snowmachine. Thankfully he and it were unhurt. We helped him right it. Denali made an appearance

4 Likes

Paris to the rescue my hero.

Where did you launch? We have tried the boat ramp there, too much traffic, not fun, and the barnacles are sharp!

That day I launched on the small beach just to the left of the boat ramp, since it was a weekday evening. Most of the time I launch from inside Anastasia State Park. You can launch at the kayak rental spot. From there to the lighthouse ramp, there is very little boat traffic since it gets to shallow for most boats.

OK, thanks, must have been a plus tide when we tried. We have used that state park launch. It is a nice paddle, I do not have to tow the wife back against the tide, quite a few birds, a shipwreck, what else can you ask for?

One from this past paddle,
Salt river, Arizona

3 Likes

Rappahannock River, Lancaster, Virginia.

13 Likes

Mine is not as clear s yours but got this yesterday on the Rappahannock in Virginia.

3 Likes

Fog photos seem to be a subject of interest lately. Spent a week at Edisto Beach and had two days of sunshine. Managed to kayak one of those days. Here are some fog photos from the beach house.

2 Likes

Salt river, Arizona

7 Likes

where?

1 Like

Same as my previous, Arizona, Salt river.

1 Like

37 miles this weekend (20.5 Sunday, 16.5 Monday)

8 Likes

The water was a bit solid

9 Likes

I’m always in awe at what those fish go through just to spawn and die.

Shell Key camping trip this past weekend. Weather was cloudy but pleasant, company was great, paddling was everything from super fun downwind sailing to dragging our boats 1/4 mile through the mud.

9 Likes

Planning to camp there on our tip down the 1st of March. No Photos of dragging the boat?

About a mile to the closest land at low tide Romain Harbor. There are large shallow areas in some sections. These were taken on an October camping trip 2011.

You can see the marsh in the distance behind my son.

No good ones. By the time I thought to take a pic we were out of the worst of it. Since we had a time constraint we were trying to get through the muck as quickly as we could.

11 Likes