Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

You are freezing me and I’m in my favorite chair.

St Augustine Salt Run at sunset

St Augustine Lighthouse

9 Likes

Oh, mahn!

Very nice!

1 Like

Weeki Wachee yesterday. Was supposed to go on Friday but the weather was stormy. It was chilly (for Florida) yesterday - mid 40s warming up into the low 50s, but that just kept it quiet on the river.

And no, I wasn’t worried about getting lost on a 6 mile long river - the SPOT tracker was for the Everglades Challenge Derby. A fun little pre-race competition to get competitors in shape and used to using the SPOT. You get points for any workouts and paddling. Winner gets their entry fee refunded (if they finish the Challenge!)

9 Likes

Morning aboard the Queen of Chilliwack
Somewhere on Fitz Hugh Sound, BC

9 Likes

I love the turquis water down around some areas Souther Florida.

A burst sequence I shot on a film camera in Nov 2005. Baptism River Delta on Lake Superior. I knew I would eventually drift across them again among the terrabygones. It was by best luck ever capturing fury. No one was surfing.

Peace J

11 Likes

Most of the springs are actually in central and northern Florida, with many up into the Panhandle. Weeki Wachee is probably the most southern large spring and it’s an hour north of Tampa.

For saltwater this clear you’d need to head to the Keys.

@Brodie, Been to fringe part of it. I was amazed at the fresh smell of the air, fully expecting swampy decay smell. They explained it as the oxygen producing cycle.

1 Like

Caught a nice break in the weather. Been biking lately. The 10+ mile paddle worked me

7 Likes

That first photo is priceless…“Hey Dad, you forgot me”

1 Like

#13 of Reuters’ 45 best aerial photos of 2022. Caption reads “Kayakers paddle in Sudbury River in Lincoln, Massachusetts, March 18.”

7 Likes

Paris is so :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Then just go down stream on the Weki Watchie and up the Mud river where the bottom silts up. Truth though is the swamps don’t smell till you stir up the silt on the bottom.

Sometimes just doing earthwork in the dry areas you can get that rotting vegetation “hog farm” kind of smell.

WW is better this time of year. In summer they have to regulate the people numbers.

That makes sense, but my impression was that no matter where we were, the impression was of the freshest spring morning. I guess if they were operating bulldozers that would change.

New Years Day in downstate NY, it was 56 degrees!

15 small sailboats doing the regatta thing, deep in the background.

[

2 Likes

Fog came in tonight at Driftwood Beach Jeckle Island GA…

So…did the table sink or the eroded beach rise?

5 Likes

Barrier Islands are always losing and gaining.
Beach home owners were aware of that fact back in the ràtional days and didn’t build mcmansions on beach front unless they could afford to replace it.
Now they want to be protected from their ignorance, or ego.

1 Like

Last paddle of 2022 on the Emerald Coast , of NC Barrier Island.

Huggins Island - Near Swansboro NC

Sharks Tooth Island over looking the ICW Swansboro NC

6 Likes