Oops, added to the pic.

2 Likes

10 Likes

1 Like

Winter paddle on the Loddon River, VIC Australia

1 Like

Did you see Crocodile Dundee?

No - he’s further up North :upside_down_face:

I love that size river. Most of our rivers are dammed with the exception of some coastal ones.

1 Like

Lauriston Reservoir, VIC, Australia

2 Likes

There was quite a lot of debris (deadfall, etc) but no current due to the weir upstream. The birdlife was amazing!

Morning in the Mahpahkum-Ahkwuna Deserters-Walker Conservancy
Bolivar Passage
50 54’26”N 127 32’59”W

11 Likes

Quartermaster Harbor, Vashon, WA. with Mt Rainier in the distance.

No drysuit or neoprene for once because the all the sunshine has actually warmed the water in the harbor. Since H. got her first drysuit over a dozen years ago, this summer is the first time she has been kayaking without it.

P.S.: Yes, that’s an old Kokatat hydration pack on a new Astral pfd. No explosions have resulted so far. :smile:

3 Likes

Personally, I think the ‘traditional’ Brit boats like the preceding Avocet are the prettiest.

1 Like

Lake Cairn Curran, VIC, Australia

2 Likes

My kind of social distancing. What you can’t see is the Great Blue Heron off in the distance trying to figure out how to eat a fish that’s as long as it’s neck.

3 Likes

Very nice!

It was fun to watch! NotThePainter got a nice series of images. He’ll post those later.

Here are a couple more.
Green River UT afternoon.

Early spring Wisconsin River WI.

Ice abstract. Superior N. shore

2 Likes

So I’m recently into birding. @Lillyflowers sees birds where I’m still looking for my shoes. We come around the corner and she say “The Heron has a fish!” I say something like, and bear with me, I’m paraphrasing from other bird sightings during the day.

“To the right or the left of the yellow lily?”

And she says, “It’s a leaf, not a lily, and it’s at your, not my, 10 o,clock.”

So I lift the camera, that, ahem, she gave me, and press the button.

Damn, she’s got a good eye

And yeah, we were sitting next to each other for these 2 shots.

6 Likes

My parents were birders when I was a teen and that was way more years than I’m willing to admit to. It was just something that we did. I can’t not see birds (or small critters moving).

I can’t imagine having to have a suit to kayak in the middle of the summer.

1 Like