Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Opened up a time portal a few weeks ago. Been rough getting out of it. Paddling at the speed of light again.
Peace J

11 Likes

A few sunrise shots looking east across the Indian River at the Kenndy Space Center.
Day one

Day two

Day three

10 Likes

lol. 77’. That’s hot. If we’re lucky, maybe in a very sheltered bay after a month of hot weather in the summer.

1 Like

We’re down to the low 70s now. I paddled 15 miles yesterday and saw only a handful of people in the water. It’s all relative- summer water temps are 90+ so 73 feels freezing!

2 Likes

Gorgeous day for a paddle around Fort Desoto, Shell Key Preserve and Tierra Verde. No wind but the Tiderace is in the shop for repairs and if I take the Mirage I take the sail - it’s always good for making me visible.

11 Likes

Went to Okinawa last month

13 Likes

New this year:
Gull L. BWCA from atop “the palisades”:

Typical BWCA:

Views from campsite BWCA:

Boathouse on Bois Brule River, N. Wisconsin:

Forget-me-nots on Bois Brule (DuluthMoose memorial paddle):

Typical Upper Bois Brule:

Typical Lower Bois Brule:

Confluence of Bois Brule with L. Superior:

6 Likes

Campsite on the Green river, Utah

7 Likes

The essence of Pine Barrens paddling- Batsto River, November 2023

6 Likes

Many fine trips on the Batsto as a kid-- and a return trip last summer with my brother and dad… and wife and kids!

It has remained remarkably unchanged- thanks to an inconceivable amount of effort by a lot of people for a lot of years!

1 Like

Visited The Storm Shelter in Futtsu Japan last month

4 Likes

Medicine Lake

Nov 19 2022

Nov 19 2023

This past week has been unexpected and awesome late autumn forays in to the realm of light chasing.

Peace J

5 Likes

Textures of wind, water, and light.

5 Likes

Scratching Depths

from the scrolls of Alexandria,
to finite books of library aisles,
the written word
as human observed,
speaks volumes of thought self-styled

written to the surface,
rising current with flash of light,
flows all as traces
vapor on wind replaces,
liquid’s all the infinite sight

1 Like

@castoff, nice pictures with the 2nd and 3rd pictures in the sequence showing the effect of winds over 10 mph on the water surface.

1 Like

Colorful but not a Pretty Picture.

The water level in this lake on a chain in SE Michigan is controlled by a dam and they lower it in winter. That exposed all the starry stonewort, an alien invasive species, growing on this mudflat. I think the white is actually a dead film of algae that grows on it. As AIS’s go its not as bad as the phragmites that is taking over the cattail marshes and beaches here.

1 Like

Weedon Island Preserve in the rain today. A beautiful quiet day to paddle. Very happy to have my Tiderace back from the shop as well (replaced skeg slider, full buff and wax).

8 Likes

A great sunset in Central Texas at the end of a paddle. I don’t think I’ve seen that much purple in the sky here before.

7 Likes

Too treacherous to reach the open water. (Not in the old days)
The big migrators are back . Would be fun to paddle.

Peace J

2 Likes