Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Back on the water

4 Likes

November Mid- Missouri kayak fishing. Caught a 21" fat bass, let him go to grow even bigger.

4 Likes

If big fish swallowed your ring you’re gonna need to navigate a giant, forgotten town and werewolved circus to get it back. But then I do love a good fish story.

Thanks for givin’ Gulpin’ Gus another swim about life’s pond.

Light on water bends entice.
Holding still I compile in ice.
Light with water come through in wave.
What shall warm my heart so these I brave.

8 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Minna Jima in Okinawa Japan.

4 Likes

Nice pic. I enjoy the videos on your You Tube channel. Betcha have a lot of bumps, bruises and scratches from that shallow water

1 Like

Thanks. I put a lot on the “pain-and-suffering” charge card when I was a lot younger. I’m a lot smarter now about what I get myself into :grin: Still paying off that debt, though…

I must ask about how to interpret your username …
Is it ‘herding bats’
or
is it ‘her dingbats’

3 Likes

SATZ zee question! Or…

If while herding bats
encounter’s herd of cats,
tis it absurd to herd both kind?

If one heard transpire
labored fruits and vampire,
to roared blood-orange tabbed feline?

Or maybe sigh as these
Miss Maine a lion Coon Cat tease,
as overhead reaches flocked-up flow,

whilst paw sing runs around
stirred up in wingbat sounds,
dispersing cartel of Cali Co?

So what is it I ask?
If one should multi-task,
getting catty bordering on collie yearn,

perhaps whilst herdingbats
though overhead’s ersatz?
It’s not unherd within loose gathered concern.

3 Likes

Haha! It’s both. It started out as a username I picked up when blogging about family stuff, so it’s both about wrangling the flighty kids and an homage to my wife (we’re all her dingbats).

(Also: when my brother and I were kids we used to play a game called “Dingbat” which basically consisted of me being the dingbat, and he and I and a bunch of friends riding bikes around the neighborhood yelling “Dingbat” at each other. It really became a next-level thing when we could do it through walkie-talkies.)

3 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

Great first day of winter paddle on the Silver River with my friend Whitney. We saw several manatees and alligators and one monkey (no pics of the monkey unfortunately). It was a perfect day on the river with sunny skies and pleasant temperatures.

9 Likes

It looks deserted! It’s one of my favorites for wildlife photos.

1 Like

I don’t think I could ever use a SUP in gator territory. :scream:

3 Likes

@castoff It was pretty quiet, especially on the lower half of the river. Nice to be able to enjoy the scenery and wildlife without hordes of people!

@Buffalo_Alice Whitney is a very good paddleboarder, and it was pretty chilly the night before so the gators were not much more than animated logs when we saw them. Honestly we are both much more wary of the manatees!

I paddled over to look at an 8 footer on a chilly morning on the Suwannee. His reptilian eyes were begging me not to run him off his sunny log. I stopped but he slid off anyway. I felt a bit sad for him.
On that same trip we were hiking along the river and my sister in law came within inches of stepping on a large diamond back rattlesnake.
Thank goodness for that chilly morning. The snake never moved .

2 Likes