Retired and no paddle-buddy

I am a 76 y.o. femle that has been paddling and hiking alone most of my life which I totally enjoy. Have always been somewhat of a loner since few females enjoy my type of activities. Am now married to very nice, sweet man who comes from a family that is extremely over protective and after 18 y.o. he has slowly come around, but not w.o. some token fussing. I took up paddleboarding recently at which he didn’t even bat an eye!! So I am wearing him down finally…or exhausted him;))

2 Likes

It’s great that your daughter is concerned with your well-being. I certainly hope she doesn’t read these forums. Please keep it in mind that other kids might. I don’t recall an age restriction when I signed up.

1 Like

Doctor’s advice is first. There’s no warranty for any of us young or old. With age risks increase. No matter what you’re carrying for electronics just don’t think it’s going to be a rescue like you would enjoy in your home in a populated area. I’m 68 I don’t like paddling in groups. I hate appointments, then people are late, launching is a huge process, people have their own pace. My pace is not 2-2.5 mph 90% of the time.

2 Likes