Second Swim of 2017

It’s hard to believe that it’s the end of June, and I can still get my whitewater boat out on a natural flow river. Tville on the Farmington River in CT continues to run, and shows no sign of dropping. I got out again last night with the Thursday night AMC group, and had my second swim of the year. My ride in the playhole only lasted a couple of seconds, but this time there is a picture of me upright.

TVILE

The paddle on the upstream side probably contributed to my speedy demiset. Few more pictures here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eckilson/albums/72157682779768164/with/34817287473/

I’m definitely getting spoiled :slight_smile:

Good photos.

Anyone can bob a hole embedded in a cork,
but when the tale wags twain gunwhale that wallows wide as pork,
that into stall that sooee’s call you herd with the short stick,
Wellll, then you’ve done well sink or swim in swell where the yak yawns in dizzy lick.

(Meaning a pig’s pirouette in the sty is worth two yak bow stalls in the eye. Mind you, that’s a pirouette not spun around an horizontal axis!)

Ah yes and upstream brace => a downstream swim.
Been there - swum that

Edit - I see by your top hand that it’s a stroke & not a brace. Nice loose grip with the lower hand as well.

@rival51 said:
Ah yes and upstream brace => a downstream swim.
Been there - swum that

I do it all the time - I’m a lefty and rarely switch sides. I try to set it up so that I swing around to the left with the paddle downstream, but it doesn’t always work and I end up like this…

Erik

Which leads to this…

The inevitable swim...

On Thursday I swung around so fast I wouldn’t have had a chance to switch sides anyway. I’m amazed he had time to click the picture.

Here’s Dave with a downstream brace in that hole. He didn’t last long either, but he did back out without swimming.

IMGP2175

@canoeswithduckheads said:
Mind you, that’s a pirouette not spun around an horizontal axis!

Did do a bit of an ender as I dropped down into the hole, but fortunately it was still more of a horizontal than a vertical pirouette . :slight_smile: