Show me some pretty color schemes

Neat boat for sure, I couldn’t tell what it was. I wish Turning Point would make a 3-piece composite version.

Plumb bows first showed up on kayaks for the way to fit a longer waterline, for speed and have the kayak fit into the same racing class as the clipper bow kayaks of the same hull length. {it gained an advantage for racing in a length based class structure}

It was about designing a fast race kayak . Longest water line for hull length. Combined with very little if any rocker. They , however, tend to greet waves and some water conditions in a different way than a clipper bow does…

They also collect leaves.

2 Likes

I thought I recalled an earlier picture. I was intrigued by the bow as well.

I got a called today and this got dropped off from Sterling Kayaks 1.5 hours later. The delivery arrived 5 weeks earlier than projected (left Sterling a bit over a week ago), courtesy of KAS Kayak Transport. Heck, I haven’t even finished clearing space in the garage for this yet, as I don’t want to leave this boat outside as I do with the others:

Ok. Will finish with putting up a kayak hanger in the garage for the Progression today and the re-ordering stuff around so I can still have some area for my heavy bag workout.

sing

2 Likes

Woo hoo!

Lime green Sterling Progression, after emergence from its plastic chrysalis…

Looking forward to taking her out and dancing on incoming lines of waves… :slight_smile:

Mahalo!

sing

12 Likes

Oh damn!

Beautiful!

worth the wait

1 Like

Too funny… I recognized the music but never got the words.

The Progession is noticeably lighter and easier to manuever around than the shorter but heavier Dephin 150.

Really don’t have to do too much with the Progression. It’s a nice, snug cockpit fit once the footpegs were moved to the right length for my legs. I can tell that the foam back rest was too high for comfortable layback rolls. So, right off, I took an inch off with a hacksaw blade and rasped the edges to a rounder shape. Feels a tad bit too high still. But, won’t mess with it until I get the boat into some surf and “combat rolling” before doing anymore.

Longterm surf forecast is that is a low pressure disturbance by next Saturday. Too early to tell what type of precip or how big a storm. If it generates something 2 feet or more, I will take that as a perfect maiden voyage scenario. :slight_smile:

sing

2 Likes

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: Beautiful boat! Lime green is my favourite! Looking forward to the action pics :star_struck:

1 Like

Congrats on your new ride, Sing! I had a Progression when I lived in Reno so was able to run it in high winds on Lake Tahoe. It’s a great boat design for surf/conditions but also a good all-around boat for touring too.

I must admit though that I had issues with that foam backrest and had to whittle it down as well.

Enjoy!

Scott

2 Likes

Thanks! Been slowly outfitting with float bags (bulkheads and cockpit), paddle saddle, etc. Just waiting now for the first good wave day.

Just curious, how tall are you and how much did you whittle down with foam back rest?

sing

I never touched the backrest when paddling but found it restricting when I laid back. I didn’t shorten it any but I took material off of the back where it contacted the bulkhead and “ramped” or angled square faces of foam meant to keep it in place. That allowed the backrest to flex back enough under pressure to keep my spine from painful contact against the combing. It also aided entry and exit, dry or wet, to and from the cockpit.

1 Like

I am 6’2" tall so had my footpegs maxxed out and had to take several inches off the top and do some sanding to round it out.

2 Likes

Sorry - lost the conversation until today. 6’2" and carved 1.5" out of it on the top half.

Scott

How bout Total Boat Flag Blue n Black…

120 year old Warren Cole Guideboat from Long Lake NY

5 Likes

Enjoy!

I saved a photo a few weeks ago of a Cetus that looks like your Darth Vader boat. I really liked it which is why I saved it. Sort of like a black diamond. The downside is that just like black cars the water spots will be visible.

3 Likes