Show me some pretty color schemes

Are you going with a Grand Illusion? There is actually a white one, kevlar layup, locally being sold for around 3.5K. If I were 5 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier…

sing

1 Like

Yes. I am. Carbon Kevlar. It turns out that the combing used on Progressions is too short and narrow for me. I didn’t know that mine was a one-off in that regard so no more Progressions for me. The GI is actually more responsive than my Illusion was and it will allow me to sell the Tempest 170 Pro.

2 Likes

I haven’t been around and didn’t know you’d had a boat stolen. Very sorry to hear that. I like white kayaks.

My special order was more about weight savings and a custom bulkhead placement. The color was a bonus. But since I splurged, I want it to look like it’s supposed to look, so I will wait.

2 Likes

You know,with the right size paddler, that Grand Illusion surfs/plays as well as the other Sterlings - Reflection, Illusion, et. al.

sing

1 Like

BTW, watching how that one Delphin “surfs” in comparison to the Sterlings… I was sold on a Sterling just watching that.

sing

2 Likes

Dibs on that “factory seconds” boat!

1 Like

Just because it’s going to snow here - some of the P&H composite kayaks that just came in.

Cetus HV Lightweight Carbon/Kevlar - Kevlar Keel Strip, Glassed in Footbraces

Volan MV Lightweight Carbon/Kevlar - Kevlar Keel Strip, Glassed in Footbraces

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY. 12538
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Email: marshall@the-river-connection.com
Facebook: The River Connection, Inc.
Instagram: Login • Instagram

3 Likes

Nice!

Just got this one in yesterday (Sisu LV , Kevlar layup)

12 Likes

That’s a bummer. I can’t remember, did you go with a Cetus? I’m watching the used market for a P&H Virgo or Scorpio. Doubt one will come up anytime soon, but I can dream!

Given my own experience the last couple of years, I can attest that the used (high performance) kayak market is like the “pre-owned” car market… Good luck, best wishes. Dreaming is good. :slight_smile:

sing

1 Like

I did go with a Cetus. I’ll be okay waiting - I have a Scorpio here. It’s got some problems, but it’s still fun to paddle. Check with dealers who do instruction and you might be able to find a demo boat for sale. Where are you located?

2 Likes

Scorpio LV for sale in the Classifieds here. It is in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area.

1 Like

Good idea! I’ll have to ask around. I’m northeast of Toronto

I know a paddler from www.operationdeepblue.org just upgraded to a Cetus HV and is selling his Scorpio HV (sunbeam,Skeg) for $1500 but not sure if that’s the size you’re looking for. Also that Toronto logistics thing.

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY. 12538
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: [www.the-river-connection.com]
Store: [www.the-river-connection.us]
Email: marshall@the-river-connection.com
Facebook: [fb.me/theriverconnection]
Instagram: Instagram.com/marshall.seddon

1 Like

Thank you! I think for simplicity, I will stick to my side of the border, at least for now. I’m not quite itchy enough (yet) to travel far and wide to pick one up :smile:

1 Like

I like these color schemes. This one is fill coat. Likely done by end of month.

Blue tape is a drip edge. It comes off. Hatches go in holes.

3 Likes

Something of beauty.

Interesting. Is that bow as plumb as it appears?

Well it is a bit “plumb” compared to some sea kayaks. It is a Petrel Play built from plans. I’ve posted pictures before during progress… The PP is a “play” boat as opposed to a touring, greenland or racing sea kayak(although those are often Plumb). The boat paddles well, accelerates easily, maintains speed, and turns easily. It surfs well. Here is a link to the Guillemot catalog web site listing. Note the 7 minute video has paddling at the near end.

https://www.guillemot-kayaks.com/catalog/strip-built/sea-kayak-recreational-kayak-solo/petrel-play

PS…It’s also too small for me, Qrusier’s boat.

2 Likes