Show off your boat ... let's see pics!

OK, let’s see pics of your favorite boat … be it canoe or kayak. Also state the model.
Here’s my new love … Eddyline Fathom LV :slight_smile:

4 Likes

sorry, only the bow of the Sterling ‘Progression’ is showing
don’t know why Chris could only get the bow
by the way, Chris, you better duck
(waves courtesy of Florence)

4 Likes

Raisin cool…

@raisins said:
sorry, only the bow of the Sterling ‘Progression’ is showing
don’t know why Chris could only get the bow
by the way, Chris, you better duck
(waves courtesy of Florence)

I have to admit to liking the profile of that kayak. Seems ideally shaped for longboat playing. The $5K price, however, makes it pretty unreal for most folks.

Kind of makes me wish I snagged the Mariner Coaster I saw some months back for $2300. But, even that one, felt too high for the limited time I would play in it. If the waves are good, I much rather be on my waveski.

sing

Love my WildFire

6 Likes

Sing, the P&H Delphins are a blast in the surf, and being plastic and plentiful, you can find them for a good price used. The 150 world fit you well. Just a thought if you’re looking for a long boat. But yeah, the Coasters are a bit of a legend for surf.

@sing said:
If the waves are good, I much rather be on my waveski.
Here, the waveski (Chris) was the photographer, He got many of me, I got, well, I didn’t get any of him. (tried from shore - not so good)

Eeny, meeny, depends on the day.

1 Like

@Johnnysmoke said:
Sing, the P&H Delphins are a blast in the surf, and being plastic and plentiful, you can find them for a good price used. The 150 world fit you well. Just a thought if you’re looking for a long boat. But yeah, the Coasters are a bit of a legend for surf.

In the time that I have been on this site, I somehow morphed into that guy – “the old dude” – who doesn’t want to cartop a 60 lb plus kayak. I actually still have one of the rare (from a one year batch of) RM Impex Mystic - 14’x23" with good rocker for surf play. Even, at the listed 45 lbs, I am spoiled from waveskis to generally not want to cartop even the mystic for a day of small wave play…

sing

@sing said:
In the time that I have been on this site, I somehow morphed into that guy – “the old dude” – who doesn’t want to cartop a 60 lb plus kayak. I actually still have one of the rare (from a one year batch of) RM Impex Mystic - 14’x23" with good rocker for surf play. Even, at the listed 45 lbs, I am spoiled from waveskis to generally not want to cartop even the mystic for a day of small wave play…

sing

I hear you on the heavy boats. Part of the reason I enjoy flat water sup paddling in the summer, no need for a ton of gear, and no restrictions about launching on public beaches. And the one handed carry doesn’t hurt either.

@albireo13 said:
OK, let’s see pics of your favorite boat … be it canoe or kayak. Also state the model.
Here’s my new love … Eddyline Fathom LV :slight_smile:

LOL…You said “boat” (singular)!

In general, my favorite boat is the one I’m paddling at the time. lately though the Rendezvous has gotten the call for some trips like the Missinaibi:

2 Likes

I don’t have a favorite, but this is a favorite photo of my Placid Boatworks SpitFire, a perfect Florida boat.

4 Likes

Bringing home my first 'yak, Scorpio MkII CoreLite X, just two weeks ago. I bought it used from a rental/lesson fleet of a local shop.

1 Like

This is the boat I paddle mostly in the summer. NC Expedition (19’-2")

4 Likes

@sissy103 said:
I don’t have a favorite, but this is a favorite photo of my Placid Boatworks SpitFire, a perfect Florida boat.

Very pretty.

3 Likes

Valley Nordkapp HS and ND Greenlander Pro.

2 Likes

My favorite is a custom built skin-on-frame Greenland hunting kayak replica (18’, 31 pounds).

6 Likes

…though my cherry red Feathercraft Wisper folding kayak (15’ 7", 37 pounds) is a very close second.

My Anas Acuta

3 Likes