Show off your boat ... let's see pics!

Somebody on this web site, who lives near you, needs to initiate an intervention.

1 Like

Expand the fleet!!

That’s what I’ll be doing over the next year to year and a half. I’m down to 2 boats, a solo canoe and sea kayak, from 4 at the peak. I’m probably going to bring it up to 3 kayaks and 2 canoes.

Light on deck bag let’s me see the compass. Another light stuck on back deck. I have same light clipped on my shoulder I throw over my back. I can pull it in front of me if someone is approaching from the front. They are very durable lights I always have three with me, tonight I stuck one on the back deck also. Waterproof to 100 or 300 feet.

4 Likes

Northstar Northwind Solo
Starlite Layup (Aramid)
15’6" 30"max 24lbs

1 Like

In my defense (or delusional justification), I only paid $300 each for 4 of the boats, all Craigslist deals: the Avatar, Discover and 2 pristine 14’ Pakboats (with defective leaky inflation sponsons, which I have already halfway fabricated replacements for). I intend to sell the Pakboats as soon as they are seaworthy. Those 4 boats were cumulatively worth over $8000 new. And most of those purchases included paddles, two Aquabound carbon shafts and a Werner Skagit, all in excellent condition, plus 3 good sprayskirts.

All the rest of my armada were very good used deals as well, other than the new Easky which was an end of season 30% dealer markdown ($725)… SOF was $900 (plus the $90 ferry ticket to cross Lake Michigan to fetch it), canoe also $900, 12’ Pakboat Puffin $500 on Ebay, Pakboat Quest 135 factory demo was $770; Feathercraft Wisper (a $4500 boat new) was $2200 used and the Feathercraft Java (a $3800 boat) was $650 used.

I have serendipitous karma with boats. As soon as I am attracted to a specific model. one seems to magically appear nearby at a good price. The two composites were exceptions — they turned up out of the blue and were too remarkable steals to pass up. I had figured I would spruce them up and pass them on, but I’ve fallen for the Avatar now and expect the Discover will be equally fun — I may get it in the water today for a brief test run if I can beat the lhe storm front that is coming in late afternoon.

I have also sold off 8 kayaks, 1 small sailboat and 1 canoe over the past 2 decades and given away 4 as gifts or donations. And have been able to completely outfit as many as 6 friends on one outing with boats and full gear kits. Also helped a half dozen folks, at least, locate and purchase their own kayaks and canoes, including transporting 2 canoes from and to fellow p.commers in other states.

Some people play golf when they retire. I shuffle boats.

5 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Lights on boats discussion (moved from “show off your boat” thread

Hoping to get the thread back on track, from the high-jackers. My newest addition to the fleet, a NDK Pilgrim Exp., in 50/50 layup.

8 Likes

Nice boat and very subtle colors.

1 Like

Nice boat and I know when you say fleet it isn’t an exaggeration.

1 Like

Tahsis on the Madeline Island Ferry.

3 Likes

Thank you Mask Man.

1 Like

I think that the light discussion is important but should be a separate thread. It needs its own channel as does pretty boat pictures.

1 Like

15’ Adirondack Guideboat, Caleb Chase design, in action, Upper Saranac Lake, NY

4 Likes

Love my boat

3 Likes

3 Likes

That’s a styly sea creature.

My $50 Manitou that I’ve overhauled and mod’d a bit.

8 Likes

5 Likes

The before and after pics of my Eddyline Whisper with vinyl graphics and rod holders added.

2 Likes

Something fun. This is the prize for the winner of the Support Ukraine Raffle that P&H held. It’s a lightweight infused carbon/Kevlar Volan 160. It just came to the Store yesterday and the Winner is picking it up later today.

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY. 12538
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: [www.the-river-connection.com]
Store: [www.the-river-connection.us]
Email: marshall@the-river-connection.com
Facebook: [Redirecting...]
Instagram: Instagram.com/marshall.seddon