Show off your boat ... let's see pics!

You may recall that some miscreant saw fit to relieve me of my Sterling Progression in February and you could say that I was not in the happy way. The good news is that my homeowner’s insurance was aces in every way possible in covering the loss. So, I took possession of a Grand Illusion and have recently gotten it wet. I’m so pleased to say that it doesn’t disappoint and looks as distinguished in color as in B&W.

16 Likes

That’s wonderful, Jon. But still no leads on your stolen kayak?

1 Like

No leads. I continue to watch Craigslist with waning interest. The boat belongs to the insurance company now and as much as I would love to help catch whoever stole it I suspect that it was either loaded on a container full of luxury cars headed elsewhere or some poor unsuspecting paddler will show up with it somewhere and be detained by law enforcement. The boat was one-of-a-kind. There are only a relative handful of Progressions that have been built and any other paddler is going to look at it. The color scheme was unique and has never been repeated. Short of a full-blown paint job the boat will always stand out.

I think that whoever has it now is better off living on another continent or will be painfully outed at some point. Sucks to be them.

2 Likes

Jon, very nice ride!!

Lila

1 Like

for us ‘building challenged’ folk, luckily there’s a Turning Point Boatworks that will allow us access to the Petrel Play (and now, the Petrel).

I do love that:

especially when I want a good look behind me on the St Johns (shipping channel).

5 Likes

Oh my goodness! That is an unbelievably gorgeous boat. Not sure I would have the confidence to paddle something so beautiful, you know, like I would know that everyone was looking at me and wondering what she saw in me. Clearly, they would say, “She is so far out of his league”.

I do admit that with all of the brew haw haw around fast ruddered boats today having something, like you, with such maneuverability makes me feel strangely smug like a handful of us are channeling the sacred true of the universe.

1 Like

This is my “oldie but goody” 1995 Necky Looksha IVs with some trash rope that I pulled out of the ocean.

4 Likes

I mostly paddle this pre-dawn, so I don’t get to see the ‘sparkes’ very much.
Joey(TPB) does magic with composite materials
This is built using Red Reflections (weight: 30lbs)

2 Likes

A Stellar Combination - My Fathers S18 and my Intrepid LV.

8 Likes

How long are those oars? My canoe needs an outrigger for 7 foot oars.

Just unwrapped this beauty!!

4 Likes

Just finished resealing my rear bulkhead and checking all 37 screws for tightness. I never want to squeeze lexel from a tube by hand ever again.

2 Likes

Just back from a lazy morning of exploring Maryland’s Rhode River.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Not the prettiest picture, just bought it. I’m confident it’s big enough to introduce two grandkids to the BWCA in July.

2 Likes

Haida 17?

Prospector 18, it’ll swallow gear, dog and kids.

1 Like

new to me! Necky Manitou 14

5 Likes

my necky looksha 17

2 Likes