Show off your boat ... let's see pics!

Our brand new Eddyline Sitkas. Red LT for me, blue XT for him. Only in mine once so far, but it is great! Cannot WAIT for more time on the water!

7 Likes

IMG_5182
Someone say “Gulfstream”

9 Likes

Stellar S16 G2 and a Stellar Intrepid LV with Gram CF GPs

4 Likes

That is a great spot to launch.

1 Like

So wish I had the room for a Gulfstream.

1 Like

I had to make room for this one

2 Likes

Looking for CD Infinity one in Utah to far.

Carbon Necky Tahsis ‘04
18’ 21.75" 49lbs

1 Like

What sort of rudder is that on your Tahsis? Was it stock?

Seal Line Smart Trak Rudder installed by the factory. It was an upgrade. It’s turned slightly. It must have been bumped getting it off the car.

Not really showing them to best advantage here (need to make an effort to stage them at scenic launch sites). But finally getting the fleet over to the “new” garage up the street. They have already expanded beyond the 9’ x 20’ “boat house” extension I had added to the two car structure. Oops. With the clear span and roll up doors I could winch a couple overhead eventually, I guess.

There are 7 boats visible here: two 16’ Feathercraft folders in their black duffel bags, the SOF on the wall, Curtis Lady Bug solo canoe and plastic Easky snuggling on the sawhorses and the two recent “barn rescue” composites on the rug (Perception Avatar and Northwest Discover). There are still 4 Pakboats in duffels in the basement in the house – need to get some shelves and racks built in the garage for those and all the paddles and other gear.

I must try to develop some willpower against further acquisitions. Awfully tempting to have so much readily accessible space for hoarding now, but I can only paddle one at a time so this is kind of nuts. This summer was so crazy with other distractions and obligations I only got 4 of them in the water.

Have to choose which one will go with me to Delmarva next month since the SOF skin is in rough shape and I don’t have time to redo by then.

4 Likes

Somebody on this web site, who lives near you, needs to initiate an intervention.

1 Like

Expand the fleet!!

That’s what I’ll be doing over the next year to year and a half. I’m down to 2 boats, a solo canoe and sea kayak, from 4 at the peak. I’m probably going to bring it up to 3 kayaks and 2 canoes.

Light on deck bag let’s me see the compass. Another light stuck on back deck. I have same light clipped on my shoulder I throw over my back. I can pull it in front of me if someone is approaching from the front. They are very durable lights I always have three with me, tonight I stuck one on the back deck also. Waterproof to 100 or 300 feet.

4 Likes

Northstar Northwind Solo
Starlite Layup (Aramid)
15’6" 30"max 24lbs

1 Like

In my defense (or delusional justification), I only paid $300 each for 4 of the boats, all Craigslist deals: the Avatar, Discover and 2 pristine 14’ Pakboats (with defective leaky inflation sponsons, which I have already halfway fabricated replacements for). I intend to sell the Pakboats as soon as they are seaworthy. Those 4 boats were cumulatively worth over $8000 new. And most of those purchases included paddles, two Aquabound carbon shafts and a Werner Skagit, all in excellent condition, plus 3 good sprayskirts.

All the rest of my armada were very good used deals as well, other than the new Easky which was an end of season 30% dealer markdown ($725)… SOF was $900 (plus the $90 ferry ticket to cross Lake Michigan to fetch it), canoe also $900, 12’ Pakboat Puffin $500 on Ebay, Pakboat Quest 135 factory demo was $770; Feathercraft Wisper (a $4500 boat new) was $2200 used and the Feathercraft Java (a $3800 boat) was $650 used.

I have serendipitous karma with boats. As soon as I am attracted to a specific model. one seems to magically appear nearby at a good price. The two composites were exceptions — they turned up out of the blue and were too remarkable steals to pass up. I had figured I would spruce them up and pass them on, but I’ve fallen for the Avatar now and expect the Discover will be equally fun — I may get it in the water today for a brief test run if I can beat the lhe storm front that is coming in late afternoon.

I have also sold off 8 kayaks, 1 small sailboat and 1 canoe over the past 2 decades and given away 4 as gifts or donations. And have been able to completely outfit as many as 6 friends on one outing with boats and full gear kits. Also helped a half dozen folks, at least, locate and purchase their own kayaks and canoes, including transporting 2 canoes from and to fellow p.commers in other states.

Some people play golf when they retire. I shuffle boats.

5 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Lights on boats discussion (moved from “show off your boat” thread

Hoping to get the thread back on track, from the high-jackers. My newest addition to the fleet, a NDK Pilgrim Exp., in 50/50 layup.

8 Likes

Nice boat and very subtle colors.

1 Like

Nice boat and I know when you say fleet it isn’t an exaggeration.

1 Like