Show off your boat ... let's see pics!

Found it used on craigslist for a good price. It’s a PaddleYak Swift Hybrid Double made in Cape Town, South Africa. I have done some internal foam additions, added perimeter lines, bungees, and removable backrests. It’s fiberglass, 19.5 feet long, and the weight is stated as 62 pounds/28kilos.

Here’s a link to info on this model kayak.
PaddleYak Swift Sit-On Double – PaddleYak Sea Kayaks (launchette.net)

Photo taken by Lisa on lake Russel camping trip with camping gear for two on board.

3 Likes

you’re doing it wrong… you are supposed to be on the boat not the other way round. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Loon 126 with upgraded Lowrance Hook Reveal

fish finder.

4 Likes

And then…. this happened. It’s gonna be our “cheater rolling boat” to continue learning Greenland skills, which we can then hopefully transfer to our sea kayaks. Now I just need to find a spray skirt for it!

5 Likes

Good Dog. Treat yourself to a Tuilik !!

3 Likes

Thank you, yeah, I’m considering spray skirt vs tuilik vs akuilisak…. It’s hard to know what to buy when one is a newb and has barely tried out the latter two.

Mine.

My Son’s

My Prijon Hurricane and my friend’s

2 Likes

1 Like

Not my fave…but my newest!
I have owned kayaks for a while but this is my first canoe
Skogafoss Kevlar
16.5’
56#
35" center beam
12" freeboard

My son DOES have a face but didn’t want me to share this with him in it…

2 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

Past time to try the S14S again.

3 Likes

Classy.

The kayak shown is somewhat rare, a slightly used composite CD Squamish just under 40 pounds. It is perfect for this old man, slow like me and even more stable than me. Now I need to relearn my roll.

Old Current Designs Solstice

Alpine Lake, Plansee Germany :de:

14 Likes

This spot is incredible! Look at this water!

1 Like

Snowmelt with no PFD.

1 Like

I’m often accused of not wearing my pfd with my inflatable

1 Like

Yes, these lakes are stunning. The glacier melt is chilly. I am shooting the mountain from underwater (split image with a dome port)

We just bought an 18# pack canoe so the puppy can join us. This was his first trip out.
Our last dog was really into it.

6 Likes