Show off your boat ... let's see pics!

1 Like

Only have five kayaks, in my current fleet. Tiderace Xplore S, Valley Avocet, Eddyline Raven , Valley Nordkapp LV and a Dagger Alchemy S(not pictured). Looking to add another. Looking a plastic surfer. Valley Aquanaut LV RM, Avocet RM or Sirona RM, would round-out my fleet.

I suspect that Medawgone has heard this:

Question: “Why do you have 5 kayaks?”
Answer: “Because I sold one.”

1 Like

Dagger Stratos 14.5L

1 Like

Couple more from this evening’s fabulous paddle…

Grasse River Boatworks Classic XL. My favorite daily driver. An older war horse, but still good. Just like me. (https://d3s3k13islrvw7.cloudfront.net/original/2X/8/8c8544aec080e5b139c93e5a884fd82f6d45dee4.jpeg “”)

Sea Eagle Razorlite 393RL inflatable kayak

1 Like

1 Like

Wow, those are pretty.

My Boreal Design Baffin P2 hiding out on shore a few weeks back. Hmm…can’t get it to post in the message for some reason.
https://i.imgur.com/CoDXqMP.jpg

This is what my kayak looked like in the photo the seller posted on Craigslist. LOL.

1 Like

That makes me cringe.

Me too. But in this case it was what enabled me to purchase a really nice boat.

Latest addition to my fleet, a Valley Sirona 15.10 RM. Also Have a Nordkapp LV, Avocet, Eddyline Raven ,Tiderace X Plore S, and a Dagger Alchemy S.

1 Like

Nice boat!

Huki V1B va’a in Sparkleberry Swamp, South Carolina:

Mike Galt Lotus Caper in Juniper Springs, Florida:

Hemlock SRT at outlet of Long Lake to Raquette River in Adirondacks, NY:

Juniper Springs is one of the best runs in the US. Nice boats.

1 Like

Glen, a ski in Sparkleberry has to get interesting, especially with an outrigger. You must have stayed in the lakes.

Huki V1B va’a:

@string said:
Glen, a ski in Sparkleberry has to get interesting, especially with an outrigger. You must have stayed in the lakes.

No, not at all. I’ve been in there with three different canoes and the major “trails”, if you can find them, are wide enough for john boats with motors.

Of course, you can’t fit between all the trees with an outrigger canoe that you can with a single hull, but there are still a zillion off-trail routes you can wander about and get lost in. The ne plus ultra of predictive outrigger canoe control is to glide over a stump with your main hull on one side of it, your ama on the other side, and your iakos able to clear the stump height. If your guess or control is wrong . . . CLONK.

Sparkleberry is possibly my favorite place to paddle, and I’m dying to do an overnight there in the parts I haven’t seen. On day trips, I can only cover about 1/3 of it. Never go in without a mapping GPS unless you are already familiar with the main features. Many people have gotten lost. I’ve now have sat photos of it loaded in my GPS and also the only hand-drawn map ever produced. I even have two hours of narrated video from my last trip that I’ve never edited or published.

I did get some strange looks from the local fishermen the day I went in with my Huki.

It’s an interesting place. I’ve been in 3 times, always with a local paddler who knows their way around it.