Tempest 165 vs. Tempest 170 ?

I miss Monkey Mia!
Was there too many years ago to count. Dolphins still around?

Best camping I ever did was there and at Exmouth.

Paul

boat capacity
I could be wrong, but I think you should factor the weight of the boat into the equation as well.

Gear Capacity = (Boat Capacity - paddler weight - boat weight)

weight of camping gear
Back to one of your earlier questions–how much does camping gear weigh?

I’m a backpacker, so my gear is light and very low volume. Without food and water, my tent, safety gear, sleeping bag, stove, thermorest, clothes, raingear, toiletries, fuel, pots and pans, etc–total 20 lbs. With all the ultralight gear available now from REI, etc, you can go lighter. Or much much heavier, if you want to. My camping gear fits into my BBK valkyrie, which is tiny compared to my friend’s tempest 165. So I wouldn’t worry about the camping gear issue–I’d focus on choosing the boat that paddles the best for your body and style. All my friends with tempests love them.

That’s it, “space” issued put to rest :slight_smile:
I’m a backpacker, so my gear is light and very low volume. Without food and water, my tent, safety gear, sleeping bag, stove, thermorest, clothes, raingear, toiletries, fuel, pots and pans, etc–total 20 lbs. With all the ultralight gear available now from REI, etc, you can go lighter. Or much much heavier, if you want to. My camping gear fits into my BBK valkyrie, which is tiny compared to my friend’s tempest 165. So I wouldn’t worry about the camping gear issue–I’d focus on choosing the boat that paddles the best for your body and style. All my friends with tempests love them.

THAT’S IT… THE SPACE/EQUIPMENT ISSUE HAS BEEN PUT TO REST! by the lady in Lake Superior (Tiva).

Thank you. Trust me all this information reassures me! :slight_smile:

Exmouth/monkey Mia
Exmouth is still alive and well. The Dolphins are still coming for a feed and the sharks are still there.