Thanks. Argosy ordered

I was about to refer to what CEWilson…

– Last Updated: Mar-03-08 10:08 PM EST –

...says, but I see yanoer edited his post to point out that the Royalex Wildfire always was a different design than the composite one. I do know that there was a stink a while back (a different "stink" from what you referred to) about how Bell never actually listed the full specs of the Royalex version of the Wildfire back when it was still called a "Wildfire". My memory could be mistaken there, but I do know that the REAL Wildfire does not have the skegged stern that you see on the Royalex Wildfire (and Yellowstone), so if you have one of each, you really DO have two different boats. So yeah, it's not just the layup that's different. It's the shape.

And speaking of shape and layup, I have noticed that Royalex and Composite versions of the Novacraft Supernova "look" exactly the same, but Wenonah's Royalex Vagabond is half a foot shorter than the composite Vagabond and has a lot less rocker. What I've "heard" about that difference is that Wenonah uses the same "design" in both cases, but hasn't made any attempt to make a mold which accounts for the fact that Royalex shrinks as it cools, while some other companies (such as, presumably, Novacraft) have. Funny how that's the kind of stuff people in the industry won't ever talk about, so all we get are these rumors.