The One Lure Challange

Wow…this is shaping up
nicely me thinks.

Yo D…hows the burgers at the Horseshoe? I already know how the Guiness is…cold and creamy! BWHAHAHA!!!

Give me a call.
I’m pretty busy this weekend, but maybe we can get lunch next Saturday and put pencil to paper.

I don’t know how good the burgers are, but their idea of a steak sandwich is to grill a whole ribeye and stick it on a roll. Yum.

• Big D

Hmmm
That might be do-able D. I’ll be in touch toward the end of the week.

Cell phone please
Call me on my cell phone during the day. If you call me at my desk, you won’t reach me because I’m working at a client site this week.

• D

What will the ONE LURE be ?
Since I fish the original saltwater OLC series, I’m just curious what type of lure you guys might be using in sweetwater …

Stay tuned
It’s hard to say, but I can guarantee if B’rer Rat and I are going to be providing the one lure to each contestant, it’ll be CHEAP.

• Big D

one lure
I would go crazy with just one lure!! lol, I’d say it’d have to be a scum frog or weedless plastic frog in bass country, if we’re in Walleye water, a mister twister jig, for pike, a big white maribou Mepps or weedless silver spoon.

A Weighted Black Wooly Marabou
Bugger would work in all those…

Just change the retrieve.

YotF

I think you just picked the "one fly"
I’m willing to go with that as a recommendation.

Hey Br’er Rat, I missed you at the Jamm Session and we didn’t hook up at the Horseshoe. I’m out of town this weekend (getting my new Approach and taking her out for a test spin at my brother’s lakefront place).

Call me. We need to get the ball rolling if we’re going to have a chance at finding a sponsor willing to donate lures by June.

I’m thinking that the rules will be set in stone, but that advertise that the judges can be bribed with good quality booze and cigars.

The prizes, of course, will be crap.

• Big D

I’ve been busy as heck lately D
Sorry I didn’t get up with ya. Was stuck at the house today due to the snow and ice. Not that that’s a BAD thing mind ya!

ANd yeah, we need get some rules set up, a date, and stretch of water and maybe get some body to spring for the baits…Given proper credit and advertising of course.

Food for thought: I was thinking the one lure concept, meant one lure ‘type’ with maybe color also part of that…but you could use more than one for the day…ie: 5 Tubes, greenpumpkin/red flake and thats it for the day. I’ve had my first cast of the day be a hang-up and break off and that would be a boring day if it happened during this little event.

Absolutely… It should be one type,
size and color of lure. You should be able to carry more than one just because of breakoff’s and other aw-crap’s.

Each participant should be allowed their own lure type though. If you limit all fishermen to the same lure… You will get less interest and participation. Everyone has their favorite, and they should be allowed to chance to prove their favorite is better then your favorite. ;-p

YotF

what???
I’m kind of lost in this post, is it addressing what everyone’s favorite lure is??? or is it some kind of contest where everyone donates one lure and the winner gets all of them???

We are planning a fishing get together
where each participant is only allowed to use one lure. Biggest fish or most fish get bragging rights.

YotF

Come on down madmoney…
be more than happy to have ya along. As YotF said…this is nothing more than a fishing get-together with nothing more on the line other than bragging rights and personal pride.

there may be Beer involved after the day is done.

I seem to remember someone
mentioning a great burger joint in the area too…

YotF

Indeed…
they also have great Chilli I am lead to believe. But then…I’ll take Big D’s word on just about anything. (notice I said ‘just about’)

It’ll depend on where we end up YoTf, Potomac or Shenandoah, main stem or one of the forks.

We’ll let D pick on the P’mac and the mainstem…if we end up one of the forks of the Shenandoah, that’s my home water and I know a couple of good places to go. We’ll figure it out when those things are sorted out.

Lots of ways to go and places to eat
There’s always the opportunity to wind up at a ramp that’s got tables and grills and doing a cookout.

There are tons of places to grab a brew and burger.

Of course, some of us aren’t as particular about discretely imbibing on the water as others… (I’ve been known to do some one-handed hooksets on drifts and there’s a nice six-pack sized space between the backband and the bulkhead in my new boat…)

• Big D

eats
there’s a great pizza place across from Brunswick on the potomac float. i have my one lure picked out! mikey

Dates?
Derek, have you and Hersh set a date for this gig yet? If Mikey is gonna show, I might tag along too … if we won’t also be limited to one brew …

One Brew? Sacrilege…
I don’t even drink beer… But I could bring some Vino or better yet, some Hard Cider…

YotF