This new format

@Rookie said:
Currently there’s no way to add a new launch site or a photo to an existing site.

Thanks. The P.com folks are aware, but I’ll still add it to the list of feature requests from VIP forum members.

@Medawgone said:
I would like a way to delete classified ads, when they are no longer needed.

For now, can you just edit the ad’s title, putting "SOLD - " at the beginning of it? We’ve removed the time limit on editing, so you should be able to do that now.

I totally understand the need/desire to delete posts, especially the classified ads. I’m in discussions with P.com on the best way to handle this. It’s kind of a sticky issue: deleting a post will also delete all of its associated comments—something that commenters might legitimately not appreciate. It will also break any links that people have made to the post, either within the forums or from other sites. The forums also have a notification system that sends emails based on member preferences. If someone gets emails about new posts only to find that those posts are not there, it could get frustrating.

I am blown away by your quick response to issues Karl. Thank you for the time and energy you put into this site!

@Raftergirl said:
I use Safari on my Mac and my iPad. It was a little wonky at first, but now it works fine. Maybe I’m in the minority, but for the most part I like the new system. I didn’t care for the old thread chains that were hard to follow. I don’t have to go digging for the new posts lost in the middle of the thread somewhere. I also like the ease of attaching pictures and links. There is definitely a learning curve to navigating the forum, but it hasn’t been too hard for me to figure out and karls has been very good about answering my questions.

I do wish there was a way to post new trip reports. I haven’t seen that yet, but I think it will show up at some point soon.

We do have plans to get a submission form and start accepting trip reports in the new year. Thanks for your patience while we figure out the best way and find the time to implement it. And many holiday thanks to @karls for assisting us in all of this!!

@Medawgone said:
I would like a way to delete classified ads, when they are no longer needed.

Deleting is a bit of an issue as @karls has mentioned, but you should be able to edit your classified ads now so you could change the ad to SOLD or similar. You could also Flag the ad and we’ll remove it for you. Once an ad has been posted for more than 45 days we’ll automatically remove it unless we receive a special request. Thanks!

Thanks. I decided to keep the kayak, instead of selling it. Was on the fence about selling, when I posted it.

@Sully said:
first time back in a month or more and i’m lost…this is like starting all over blah

Same here - - Not impressed at all. Starting to get some time to stop by, and I feel like the whole discussion board is a freaking zoo. Looks like the Bicker / Banter bunch is gone too.

Maybe it is just that the new format is so completely different and foreign compared to other forums that I frequent. I find myself just not coming here as often as I used to.

Open your classified ad and select ‘Edit’. Scroll to the bottom. You have the choice of updating your ad or ‘removing’. I clicked on “remove” and after logging out and back in, the ad was no longer visible.

@yknpdlr said:
Maybe it is just that the new format is so completely different and foreign compared to other forums that I frequent. I find myself just not coming here as often as I used to.

No, it’s that the format just sucks.