Toyota FJ40 Coming Soon

I Can Make a Nice RV
The one the German guy was living in had been an army communications truck, so it was still wired with lots for lots of cool commo stuff.

The RV to end all RVs
A small one that gets at least 25 mpg and can still climb hills and tow a light trailer.

Closest thing to this is a compact 2WD truck with a small V6 and a topper.

My Folks
Have one!

Its a 20 foot '78 Mini Mirage based on a Toyota 2WD pickup truck. Its got a 4 cylinder Toyota 22R motor in it. The best carburated motor Toyota ever made. Dad bought it brand new in '78. It gets about 20 on the highway, and can go places a lot of bigger rigs can’t. We used to sleep two adults and six little kids in it.

The only drawbacks to it are, you can’t go over 65, you might as well park in Wyoming wind storms, and it lacks a shower.

Great rig, come buy it :slight_smile:

I’ve been looking at newer Toyota Truck based rigs with V6 fuel injected motors. I tried to bid on one on Ebay, but the dealer yanked the auction.

Paddle On

LK

Toyota RVs
I was looking for a small Toyota RV. I already have a 2WD drive Toy Tocoma with a camper shell, and wanted something bigger.

But decided on a conversersion van with a V8 since we will maybe want to drive it over Sonora Pass sometime.

Or that was Kathy’s thinking. We only cross the Pass in summer. It rarely/never rains in summer here, and as long as the weathr is nice, I would just as soon take a tent.