Type III PFD Recommendations

Thanks.

Screw all this High Tech Crap, Breathability, Unrestrictive, Zippered Pockets, Padded Velcro Strapsā€¦I am going with this.

Hey, that style vest has probably saved more lives than every other vest combined.

Maybe you are onto something

Brand and model of kayak youā€™re paddling?

My Poke Boat. Picked one up used for $275 because it had a patch on the keel that scared everybody off. Luv it.

You have a point. It is high vis too and it will save me $111. Sometimes it pays to go with the old favorites.

Good luck. Those old type IIā€™s are not very comfortable for kayaking. We used to have them in our outing club livery for raft trips back in the 70ā€™s so I used them several times. They are bulky and chafe around the neck and arms. At least you will not be wasting much money to discover how miserable these are.

The 70ā€™s is probably the last time I have seen them other than the loaners hanging at some lakes. Even by the early 80ā€™s we had gone to more ergonomic ones in the no corner left un cut oyster industry where we had rusted out world war 2 trucks and some boats older than my granddad.

The horse collar will get you on the water safely .
But not comfortably or stylishly.

I carried six of them on my pontoon boat. Better than what they had on the Titanic.

I am ready. At least I will stand out and then Coast Guard will love me.

If you havenā€™t already, get an ā€œif foundā€ sticker for the inside of your kayak. Or make your own label containing your name and contact info. Helpful if the wind/waves take your kayak off shore while youā€™re doing something else.

To all who are pointing out the drawbacks of the box car life vest, you overlook one thing, IT COSTS $8.99.

I was thinking that you couldnā€™t seriously be thinking about that, but now I am questioning that

Always go with your first instinctā€¦ A surprise may be coming soon.

I left my wallet one time and when a person found it and found out who owned it,they returned it with 20 more dollars in it.

What happened to light weight and comfort in heat?

1 Like

At least you donā€™t have to worry about trying one on.

Now heā€™s just trolling

1 Like

$8.99