Want to date a paddler in the Carpenteria CA area, M4F

Seriously, are you interested in animals? Granted most are older farts like me, but the various rescue groups are heavily dominated by people of the female persuasion around here. And dog walkers for the no kill animal shelter. It’s a two for one - get critter time plus maybe find someone to have coffee with.

2 Likes

Paging Wanda Tibbs!

1 Like

I’m totally forwarding the “Don’t Paddle Today” link to my ‘paddle wife’. I have a real wife, but she doesn’t paddle, so I added another (with my wife’s blessing). She has a boyfriend who gets to be with her about once a week, but I get her for paddling most of the other days. This could be his theme song! :smiley:

1 Like

I also have one of those, with my wife’s permission. Mine doesn’t have a current boyfriend. I hope he’s a paddler if she finds one.

2 Likes

When I arrived at the put-in yesterday, my paddle wife said, “I’m not sure what this means, but I want you to know that I just left a naked sexy man to come paddle with you.”

She’s got the bug, all right.

2 Likes

I think I captured the “owl” fairly well in my caricature (the birthday card recipient). Just found this shot I took of him as he was about to playfully ram me out among the Thimble Islands in Long Island Sound in 2003.

Within the year somebody stole that beautiful Northwest kayak off his back porch in Connecticut.

1 Like

Best post so far 2021… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Paddling will not make a relationship, but a relationship may make a paddler.

1 Like

IMO you are wrong. It worked for me. We met while in canoeing class and were assigned to paddle together.
We are still together 58 years later.

6 Likes

Odds are against it.

No idea. I do know about thirty couples who have the same experience and a couple for whom it did not work.

And for tandem too. I taught couples canoeing for many years. Tandem does not equal divorce boat. If that happens there are communication issues elsewhere.

As seen elsewhere: How have you managed to stay married 55 years?
We don’t hate each other on the same day.

1 Like

For me and my late hubby tandem was a deal breaker, so he bought a kayak for himself and I paddled the canoe. Worked like a charm. We were married 25 years when he died. that was nearly 25 years ago and I still have the kayak. Happy times on the river.

4 Likes

Wife and I honeymooned in a tandem kayak on Yellowstone lake. We both grew up in tandem canoes. So we knew how it was done without extra effort.

Agreed - no divorce boat here. I’ve been married for 30 years to the woman who went with me on our second date in a Wenonah Jensen 18. Good communication, a little competence, and a good sense of humor helps. We are still paddling together whether solo or tandem.

4 Likes

I envy couples who paddle together.

My partner paddles with me just not in the winter. You need to have more in common that paddling for a good relationship.

I met my paddling partner on-line. Camped and dated for a year and we’ve been married for over 18 years now.

1 Like