we are getting so ripped off!

Yakima racks, 25 yrs old and strong.

geez jmyers
$80 a gallon for bottom paint? You got out of sailing a LOOOONG time ago!!!

wow
I got a prop for a sail boat and it’s $550.

Bottom paint in the '80s
could be had for $80/gal but that was the cheap stuff used by commercial fisherman. It’s probably that much for a pint, now. Worst part was grinding off the old stuff every spring. No matter what kind of mask you wore [ I bought the cheap ones from 3M], you’d be coughing up green or red or blue phlegm for a couple of days. kayaking is probably better for you health.

True Story…
I had 2x4" racks with the DIY footings. Some cheap ba$tard stole it from me after only a couple of weeks.

My current thules going on about 7 years. Probably 'cause they have locks on it.

sing

bilge pump = substitute - milk jug with
Actually the milk jug works far better. To bad you cannot buy a decent looking bailer that works as well as a milk jug with the bottom cut out.

Bottom cut out?
Try taking up soaring… $30-40 to the tow pilot for a 1000’ high “pattern tow”, just to do one practice landing. Whole experience takes about 2-3 minutes, then you hook up for another. This assuming, of course, that you already own the $30k-$250k sailplane. Shooting? Fly-fishing? Golf? Someone needs to take up napping! Just don’t let the wife see ya…

Good grief, $457
I spent < 1/2 that for a pair of Metzeler Lazers at: http://www.discountmotorcycletire.com/

I also saved on the mount/bal. (which one could do oneself if desired) by living close enough to take the wheels in for M/B. I had to special order because the old Beemers take pretty skinny tires. My experience with the company was good. Check them out next time you need skins.

Milk jug? That’s low class
In collegiate sailboat racing, anyone who is anyone uses an empty bleach bottle.

costs
Yeah, but how many of you pay $3+ for a cup of coffee that’s gone a half hour later :slight_smile:

Whats this “we” stuff?
I bought everything at or below wholesale!

Actually
the marina I winter store my boat at got me a gallon of ablative for $110. Direct from the factory (in your state) it’s $200. The ablative is good in that it just wears off; no scraping required.