What Paddle do you use?

AT2 for WW. Best paddle in the
world. (To me). Lendal 4 piece varilok with an assortment of blades for sea duty.

Dogmaticus

I’ve destroyed one. NM

Onno
Onno “Feather” for my bad shoulders

A cherry canoe paddle and
an Onno kayak paddle!

Enjoy the best of both worlds.

Steve, would you tell us why you like…
…the AT paddle so much? Are you using an Xception SL or the Xception SL OS?

Lumpy GP
Some home made GPs also. Not MY home. I can barely make a bowl of cereal.

AT Also
Love AT paddles both in WW and Sea. I use a T4 Carbon and I think it’s a steal at under $300. Light enough, strong and durable. The AT Bent Shafts have a great feel. I have lighter and more expensive straight-shaft touring paddles, but I just can’t put this one down.

A variety, mostly homemade
We have 9 homemade GP’s of varying designs. My better half has a couple of Epic EP’s and I have a Lightning Offshore EP, a Bending Branches Journey, and a Werner WW paddle. There are some old cheap wooden EP’s out in the tool shed, too.

And let’s not forget about the canoe paddles - I have an ash Nashwaak Cruiser, and a wooden Old Town paddle.

The GP’s and the Nashwaak get the most use.

210cm
Werner Cypress

Werner Ikelos on the deck and for rough stuff

Lumpy GP
By Uncle Bill

Lumpy
I just got my new Lumpy this week and got to use it for the first time this evening after work. “How sweet it is”! Thanks Bill.

Harmony estuary one piece 230cm
45 degree feather.

Were you in the olympics?

Xception
215cm set at 45 degrees is my fav. I also have a OS in 215 and a standard 220. The OS is OK but the blades, are too big for my liking. the 220 is nice, as well.

I like the not-so curved, smallish blades mounted on a soft, naturally shaped, double bend (we have a patent on this feature) shaft. The foam cored blades are light, soft and very forgiving for grip/slip in the water and the foam makes them near weightless! I seriously believe the Ex is about as close to a wood GP as you can get with a Euro. I’m not the only one to feel this.

Give one a try and you’ll see.

steve

nope

I use a…
Werner Camano as a main paddle.

Ditto
Also use a homemade GP

Four Gp’s and Four Swifts
My favorite is a 92"x3.125" soft shoulder Cypress GP I made.

I have a 90"x3.25" Sitka shouldered GP I made.

88"x3.5" Friday Harbor laminated GP.

72" Laminated Storm by Kris Buttermore.(SWEET!)

2 Mid Swift 220

1 Mid Swift 225

1 Ocean Swift 230

I think I am going to sell two of the swifts and one of the three GP full length’s. Time to try some other stuff. A friend has a Don Beale That I think is quite attractive. I’d steal it if was long enough:) Bill

Nimbus Wavewalker #1 Choice
Also sometimes Lendall Nordkapp and Werner Camano

A few
Werner Ikelos 220cm

Bending Branches (carbon shaft) 230 for my wider boat.

And soon to be Tuktu laminated greenland.