Who is the "site administrator"?

Ditto!!

1 Like

Be curious to hear what the problem was.

It’s been fixed! It’s a miracle!

Working for me today. Thanks for the fix!

sing

This is the first time I have been able to access the community in a week, from any device, browser or OS.

1 Like

I kind of spoke too soon as I can log in using my iPad but not my iPhone 14+

No biggie so long as my iPad continues to work.

EDITED 5/8. Login on iPhone now works. Maybe some tweaking is going on?

I sent several messages to the admin on my own behalf and those of a friend who just got back from vacation and found herself locked out too. But as of this morning I am back in (obviously). Hope they figured out the bug.

1 Like

I am still getting this error message below about 2 out of 3 times I click on a topic. I often have to try more than once to finally see a topic.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 081659

Getting the same message when I select a topic. Something in the software is still off kilter.

String asked me to post that he can’t log in and would Admin contact him by email.

I think he like me tried the “forgot password” route which of course didn’t help.

Admin: member Celia told me this morning she is still blocked.

Aha, so I wasn’t the only person who couldn’t get into the forum for a while.

It wasn’t a password issue. I could log in to Paddling.com, but when I tried to enter the forum, I got “Login Error - There is a problem with your account. Please contact the site’s administrator.”

Of course, since I couldn’t log in, I couldn’t message the admin/mods for the forum. And the Contact page on the main site wasn’t much help.

I finally resorted to clicking on “submit an issue” for the Go Paddling app (on the website Contact page). In the message I explained what was happening, provided my email address, and asked someone to contact me.

That was a few days ago, and though I never got an email, today I was able to log in.

FWIW, I’m on a four year old HP Pavilion laptop, still running Win 10 and using up-to-date Chrome. I never access the site from any other device. Also, I frequently (as in, several times a day) clear all my cookies, browsing history, and cache.

Wow, I can finally log into the forum and post a message.

Previously I was only able to log into the main website, but when I attempted to enter the forums I got the message: “There is a problem with your account. Please contact the site’s administrator.”

1 Like

Not the only person who couldn’t login.

I couldn’t login from Work using Edge, Firefox or Brave.
I couldn’t login from Home using Edge or Firefox.
I couldn’t login from my Tablet or mobile Device using Firefox, Chrome or Samsung Browser.

I could logging to the main side but not any of the message boards. Which was frusturation since I couldn’t get ahold of the site admins to give them diagnostic .HAR files from all of my browsers to help them troubleshoot the problem.

It appears, putting my IT hat on for a moment that they are using two separate back ends one for the main site and one for the forums, classifieds etc… with a replication going on between the main site for the login credentials and the forums. And the connection to the secondary DB went sideways, (of course this is all speculation and not that I’m going to lay out their back ends in a public forum.)

But suffice it to say, I was about to give up by the time they fixed the problem and move on to other paddling communities.

3 Likes

Finally I can log in days after a lot of others were back to posting. Three emails to site adm went unanswered and I was just about to give up on the forum forever.

1 Like

It’s the site not individual computers. I had the same thing happen…couldn’t log in for more than two weeks using desktop, phone, tablet and multiple browsers. I could log into the main website but that log in didn’t ‘carry over’ to the forums and I got the aforementioned error message. I assumed I’d been banned…and am still suspicious because today was the first time in over a month that I came here and my log in worked but I was greeted by messages saying my last post was taken down as inappropriate. But obviously I wasn’t the only one impacted by the login issue.,

It’s disheartening that there is NO method to contact an Admin unless your on the message board. There’s ZERO helpful information on the website’s main page.

Same for me on the error message and lack of login carryover across the domain, but it is sporadic.

The owner, Vertical Scope, out of Toronto [https://www.verticalscope.com/] claims to operate 1200+ “community websites”. Theirs is a cloud-based platform which I expect is highly automated. They probably have a handful of employees trying to respond to user contacts from all of their sites. I’d be surprised if this one gets more than 30 mins/week worth of human customer service attention.

Guide@paddling.com is how I’ve contacted them before with varying results. Sometimes they respond, sometimes they don’t but then the problem is resolved within a week or less.

It does get tedious though. I don’t like staying signed in to sites but if I log out there is the ‘will I be able to log back in?’ sword of Damocles dangling.

Wasn’t technology supposed to simplify our lives?

1 Like

Ok, but you can’t find that email address on the home page, can you!?