Wife vs. Kayak?

Your Daughters Weren’t Interested
In paddling? I can understand the 10 year old, but please don’t give up on the 4 year old. Lots of time left to get her interested. But, just in case the 10 year old is interested, get her out in a borrowed tandem or rent boats and invite her friends. Never underestimate the power of peer pressure. We need kids in paddling, as the demographic profile of this website reveals. As a W/W kayak-er, you’re way ahead of the game, for you can teach your daughters how to roll, and they in turn can teach other kids. Good Luck!

Honey-do
The short term for the jobs the paddling spouse does around the house to make the non-paddling spouse OK with their taking off to paddle.

You may end up here - it is the most common pattern in any group I paddle in. My husband and I paddling equally were in the minority. But it can be managed as long as you plan for it.

right on Jim

– Last Updated: May-28-16 8:57 AM EST –

My wife (30th anniversary this weekend) will, on occasion see me cranky, at which point she will issue one of three directives 1) go canoeing 2) go for a bike ride or 3) take a nap.
Works every time.
AS far as purchase price...I'm a firm believer on return on investment, whether it's a chainsaw, truck or boat. Get good stuff, use the bejeezus out of it, and realize in the long run, that's more cost effective than buying something marginal and not using it.
I'll admit to bringing boats home in the past and hiding them behind pine trees for awhile before easing them into visible range...amazingly, the 3 boats at the marina and the 10 in the yard for a time were considered okay by the better half, probably due to the positive effects on my mental health being observed, lol.

I made a choice!
Well, after much debating and endless searching on Craigslist, I found a nice kayak at a price my felt was reasonable for a first go at a new hobby. She put me on a budget of $500, so I found a nice Wilderness Systems Cape Lookout 135 that looks like brand new. I am happy and she is happy to keep me in her control. I figure I will give this kayak a try. I really don’t know which kind of kayak I won’t until I try a few. At least now, I have something to barter with. Thanks for your wisdom and advice.

We have a winner !
Congrats!

May you have many happy paddling days as well as many happy days with your better half

Jack L

wow whatta crew
wife ? google images search: kayak nude girls

top end

marriage is
a partnership not someone under control of another.

Buy a used nice one off Craigslist

– Last Updated: Jun-01-16 6:22 PM EST –

for the same price as the el-cheapo from Walmart. There are deals out there.

I have several really nice kayaks but I bought most of them used for hundreds or in a couple of cases thousands of dollars less than the new price, and usually the seller threw in some nice paddles and gear (worth several hundred bucks) along with the boat.

One of them that I bought from someone on this website was for sale because his wife said he had too many kayaks. LOL

Never married so no bossy wife here, just frugal!

possibly
however the big question is can any of those girls run a shuttle ?