Wildlife photo thread

How about a thread of wildlife photos, taken from a canoe/kayak or while canoeing/kayaking. Bonus points for moose shots. I’ll get it started…

Bald eagle | Kinnikinick Lake, Arizona

14 Likes

I looked for two weeks and moose rear end is all I got. This is from last year. W Branch Penobscot River Maine. Always good for these

13 Likes

Here are some moose for you. Taken on the Alaska Peninsula.

11 Likes

From a late Feb 2020 paddle on Cane Bayou near Lacombe, LA…

5 ft youngster

Great Blue Heron having it’s fishing interrupted

and a 12 ft big guy/gal sunbathing (was in same location an hour later when returning to take out) .

10 Likes

Great Blue, early morning

3 Likes

Nashua River, south of Pepperell Mass.

No moose from the kayak yet. I wants…

9 Likes

Andover NH on the BlackWater right near where the trees are down so much you can’t continue.

7 Likes

Pelican leaving Pelican Island, near Harkers Island NC.

6 Likes

Feral horses of Shackleford Banks NC - Cape Lookout Lighthouse, in the back ground.

8 Likes

When your feral horses from a distance, turn out to be feral cows. Feral cows of Cedar Island NC.

7 Likes

Mink, Huron River near US 23.

8 Likes

Best I can do - I think it is a Heron, but I’m not a bird person…

P7040073

2 Likes

Florida Black Bear, Peninsula Ribbon Snake, both on Wekiva River.

9 Likes

You are right; a Great Blue Heron. I realized only a couple of years ago that some of them migrate. I follow one with Animal Tracker app that flew over water last October from Maine to Haiti, then in the spring flew back to Maine but partly over land, making several stops along the way.

1 Like

Yellow Crowned Night Heron, taken in Falmouth, MA a few weeks ago. Never saw one before.

7 Likes

Another big Blue, taken here on home water in 2018. Now the lake level has gone up so much, all the reeds and grasses are under water.

3 Likes

Feral horses on the Current river, in south central Missouri:

Wildhorse2 ![Wildhorse3|666x500]Wildhorse5|648x486

Wildhorse9 Wild horses

5 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

He seemed unperturbed by my presence. Or maybe he was just waiting

2 Likes