Wishing I could go kayaking

I’d be careful with that helmet.
“But officer, I thought he was a spike buck! I field dressed him before I discovered he wasn’t!”

1 Like

Don’t worry, String. I stopped being “horny” some time ago–You know first hand about problems I had in the past when using inflatable craft!

Seems like a lifetime ago. Good memories ,esp since I didn’t have to paddle that thing.

“That thing”(and me)where Pungos fear to tread…
stickin' it in a hole

2 Likes

Nice hole. Are you being swallowed or spit out?

At the time(about 2013, I think?) I’d park the boat purposefully in holes to see how well the self-bailing hull would spit me out.

My conversation with String was based on I brought that same boat down to Florida with me(in 2007, I believe)and my wife and I tandem’d it on a gator-infested river (when everyone else was in sleek gliding tourers🤪)

Hontoon Dead River I think. Sounds like a gator infested place. A manatee surfaced under Marcie’s boat somewhere in those couple of days.

LOL! I’m with string about getting shot wearing your helmet, but thanks It’s the thought that counts! :laughing:

1 Like

I’d guess the horned helmet would be dangerous depending on where you wore it. Near some big cities you’d be safer and more people would probably leave you alone too.

If you were in a remote area in a forest or near farm land in the fall or winter…well it may not be a good idea.

Kinda-like carrying smoked fish around here. LOTS of grizzlies ----------and they just love fish.

Sometimes what you have on your body IS important to consider.
:smiley:

No grizzlies here in the east. Just civilized black bears…

5 Likes

Instead of wishing, I think this might be the time to dust off all my This Is The Sea videos. And the Jackson promo DVD that came with my Side Kick, showing a 12-year-old Dane Jackson nailing all kinds of kayaking acrobatics, making it look effortless.

2 Likes

Did the bear buy that house or is it on vacation . . .

VRBO (Vacation Resort, BEAR Owner)

3 Likes

The bear and I have an excellent relationship. He safeguards my paddle craft, in exchange for all the tourists he can eat. I do have proper signage out front…

2 Likes

@rival51, I bet he loses his deposit for chewing up the TV remote . . . Them things are hard for a bear to ignore. Probably like to lick the salt and goobers off the buttons.

1 Like

Took a short paddle today, but didn’t see any bears.

We are close to the edge of summer down here in Florida, pre-spawn fishing in a week or two.

As I write this it’s -4 here with a 43MPH wind, making it snow sideways. The drifting is going hog-wild------- and the snow is closing the roads again.

I REALLY like Wyoming and almost everything we have here.

Almost.

1 Like

I’d have to do more than “really like” to stay there in the winter.

1 Like

Dang!

Hmmm…Funny that. Nobody wants to Live Here ! - YouTube

1 Like