Worlds Best Paddling Destinations

Iam looking at taking a month sometime before summer and go on an extended paddling/hiking trip. Was wondering if anyone has any favorite spots. My options are open…tropical waters, alaska wherever. What do you think.

If you are interested in Alaska …
e-mail me and I’ll send you our three month trip report, (63 pages).

We did just about all of Ak except for Kodiak Island.

Also Alaska Discovery has some fantastic packages.

Cheers,

and Happy New year,

jackL

Baja & Sea of Cortez or New Zealand
I’m working on the New Zealand Trip have never been.

Costa Rica is also supposed to be pretty good.

Eastern Quebec
Sanguenay Fjord, Anticosti Island, Bay of Fundy area. You won’t even scratch the surface in a month, but you’ll come away suitably awed and amazed and rejuvenated! Wish I could join you!

Speaking of Alaska
Been trying to talk my wife into this one for a couple years:

http://www.yukonadventures.com/adventures/pd011.html

I’ve read somewhere Kentucky is second only to Alaska in The U.S. for river mileage.

On a world scale though, I’d be looking at South America around Iguaçu Falls.

One Word…
…Newfoundland.

Patagonia (Argentina)

– Last Updated: Dec-30-06 8:23 AM EST –

The Patagonia in Argentina. This is a must go for all the paddlers around the world!!!!!
Just as you know, now is summer over there.

Belize
Nice warm weather this time of year. Excellent sea kayaking. A few good rivers inland with crocs and howler monkeys and Mayan Ruins (Belize River and Sibun River) Some risk of malaria, but little (take your pills). Friendly people that all generally speak English. Awesome sea food. Good national beer (Belikin). Some of the best stew chicken and beans you’ll ever eat. And everything down there is pretty cheap.

–RS

Thailand
Can’t beat southern Thailand for world class sea kayaking. Great scenery, food and people.

http://www.bluemountainoutfitters.net/Rvrtales/pat_66.html

Pelieu…
…looks like it would be a GREAT place to paddle.

B.C. Canada

Chile; Vancouver Island…
…had a chance to paddle south of Puerto Montt, Chile, last Feb and spent a week north of Kyuquot, BC, in August. Both were spectacular and if I had the time could easily have extended these trips for a week or two longer.

tom

Chile; Vancouver Island…
…had a chance to paddle south of Puerto Montt, Chile, last Feb and spent a week north of Kyuquot, BC, in August. Both were spectacular and if I had the time could easily have extended these trips for a week or two longer.

tom

Cape Breton Island

– Last Updated: Dec-30-06 7:03 PM EST –

, Nova Scotia.....for sea kayaking....

Forget Alaska!
“sometime before summer” would be way too cold for anything in Alaska, unless you’re a really serious winter kayaker! Same goes for anything in the Northeast.

That leaves New Zealand, Baja, Thailand, Hawaii, Vetnam, Beliez, etc. That would be MY order of choise. YMMV

Vancouver Island is
popular, Queen Charlottes.

Nansei Shoto

I would be interested in hearing from
anyone who has driven to Belize.

If It is doable, I am toying with it for next year(2008)

cheers,

JackL

What do you like?
flatwater/whitewater? canoe/kayak?

Personally, I like interesting landscapes, and don’t mind running into others. As such, I enjoyed the everglades, the green river, and the san juan islands. My local area has some great wilderness trips and I enjoy those too.

I want to go to acadia national park
and paddle my Pamlico 140 there. That would be so sweet, Paddlin my boat through the beautiful islands with a group of paddlers. That tis my dream.