Fall Rendezvous 2017 Dates

@Deuce said:
Well, LIttle Deuce’s mother just reminded me that’s homecoming weekend at school, so I guess we won’t be there after all. Sigh. Should have known better. Something always prevents me from making a rendezvous. Maybe spring… In other news, I’m taking a group on a multi-day the last weekend of October. Where depends on water levels, but I will post something on here as soon as I know. Sorry Pat. I was looking forward to meeting you and seeing you enjoy the Prophet.
Luke, if you start on Friday, I could get in a day paddle with you (since I’ll be working the weekend)

@wildernesswebb said:

@Deuce said:
Well, LIttle Deuce’s mother just reminded me that’s homecoming weekend at school, so I guess we won’t be there after all. Sigh. Should have known better. Something always prevents me from making a rendezvous. Maybe spring… In other news, I’m taking a group on a multi-day the last weekend of October. Where depends on water levels, but I will post something on here as soon as I know. Sorry Pat. I was looking forward to meeting you and seeing you enjoy the Prophet.
Luke, if you start on Friday, I could get in a day paddle with you (since I’ll be working the weekend)

There will be many youngsters on this trip, some of them driving up from Texas. The plan is for them to head up immediately after school on Thursday so we can launch Friday. The question at this point is where. Buffalo is the first choice but Current is in the running. Sure would love to have you along if it turns out you can make it. I will definitely keep you posted.

One week to go. Mary, the dogs, and I hope to arrive next Monday late afternoon. Hope to get together with some of you to paddle next Tuesday. It looks as if my brother-in-law will also be coming from Utah.

@PJC said:
I’d love to get a little more seat time in a Prophet. I got to use one for a couple bays in a whitewater class I took up on the Wolf R. (Wisconsin). That is one beautiful paddling boat - just comes alive in current. My Flashback is fun, to be sure, but a Prophet is fun and much drier.
I’m in the process of turning an old boat trailer into a canoe trailer and hope to bring it down to the 'vous for its first long road trip.

Here is a Prophet action photo to console you, Pat:

Looks just like mine…I mean Little Deuce’s.

Don’t forget your snacks and drink of choice for High Tea!! Looking forward to seeing everyone and being away from the “real” world. I’ll be there Tuesday but won’t plan to paddle until Wednesday. Rob hopes to be there Wednesday night (he’s still waiting to see if he can get off work). Everyone be safe driving and see ya’ll soon!

My days off are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday…so I’m arriving Wednesday and leaving late friday… hoping the water isn’t to low but it’s raining at the moment in central mo.

The Jacks Fork and Current Rivers appear to be around seasonal levels or slightly higher. Since they are largely spring fed, the Current can nearly always be paddled from Welch Spring down (and usually from Cedargrove down) and the Jacks Fork from Alley Spring down.

Hey gang. Looks like the Singletons are out for Fall 2017. That makes 2017 a bust as we missed this spring also. We’ll miss seeing everyone for sure. You guys have a great visit and wishing you relaxing days of paddling to wash away the stress. Have a little Tea for Tracy and I, and spin a yarn about that one time on the river when…
Miss you guys-

Ed, after driving all the way from Alaska, hoping to see you, Tracy & the kids on the water and around High Tea, I’m really sorry that we’ll all miss seeing you Kentucky folks. Hoping you can make it to next spring’s Rendezvous.
Brad

@AK_Brad said:
Ed, after driving all the way from Alaska, hoping to see you, Tracy & the kids on the water and around High Tea, I’m really sorry that we’ll all miss seeing you Kentucky folks. Hoping you can make it to next spring’s Rendezvous.
Brad

Ditto that, you’all will be missed!

Early arrivals be VERY careful with camp fires as we’ve had almost zero rain since August. Pray we get some from this cold front this weekend!

Just got off at Two Rivers this afternoon from our Boys of Fall Canoe trip (soon to be renamed Old Farts of Fall.) Staying in that expensive motel in Salem tonight. Gotta do laundry and food shopping tomorrow then heading to Pulltite. Should be setting up camp Sunday afternoon.

As of this morning, weather is looking great; 80s in daytime, 60s at night.
We’ve had a little rain, but no volume of any consequence.
May be a little boney in spots. You’ll most assuredly want to bring your 3 grand, metal flake, candy colored, streamlined, Kevlar boat, with the gunwales made by vestal virgins. Get a few skid marks on the hull.

See yall Wednesday.
B & JA

I’ll be arriving Wednesday evening… got the graveyard shift Tuesday night so I might be a little out of it! Just got a nissan frontier so if we can help out in any way hollar… my uncle is coming also and we like the low water… looking forward to seeing the area!

Weather forecast update…
The Eminence area will likely get a few thundershowers today, but that should clear our rather quickly. Probably not enough to make any difference in river condition.
Wednesday the 11th through Monday the 15th is looking pretty good; especially since we are pushing towards the middle of October.

BOB.

Looks like I will be a KY addition for this Fall Rendezvous. Paddling your way from Owensboro Ky. I will arrive (God willing) on Thursday and have site 51 reserved for Thursday and Friday nights. Pete Blanc helped make this connection. Been on Current one time (Akers Ferry to Pulltite and Pulltite to Round Spring). Looking forward to paddling the Jacks Fork and meeting new paddlers and shuttle partners

Looking forward to meeting the new Rendezvous paddlers.
Look for our outfit in site #31; stop by & we’ll do a meet & greet.

Very, very sorry we will not get to see Ed, Tracy and their “band of outlaws” !
I was thinking about bringing my Perception HD-1,(with rock solid stability); especially for you to test paddle Ed! It’s a thing of beauty, and brings joy to the heart of every paddler who does a test paddle. Would I lie to you???

BOB & JoAnne

Going to miss your words of truth Bob. I would have loved to see if that beautiful boat would hold water on the inside as well as keeping it out from the outside.
Bottoms up buddy!

Bob, I call this one denial…I’ll let you guess how it ended up.