Boats on cars - let’s see ‘em!

5 Likes

2 on top and 1 in the bed :sleeping_bed:. Lotsa room for gear and paddlers. Once you go capped truck, it’s hard to go back.

5 Likes

Magalloway Rd, Pittsburg NH

3 Likes

On our way for a 600 mile move. Two kids in the car, two slipstream canoes on the roof

2 Likes

Every Car Looks Better With A Boat On Top!

3 Likes

Petrel Plays on red cars!

5 Likes

Hmmm…what material is that Petrel Play made out of, eh? :thinking:

High_Desert, the Petrel Play is carbon.

2 Likes

Gorgeous!

Depends upon what you ordered.

1 Like

My Romany Surf on my Volvo XC-70 station wagon. Orcas Island…

2 Likes

My XC-70 is a 2007 model with just 65K miles. Now sadly discontinued. I love this car! SUVs killed the station wagon. But for a kayaker this kind of wagon rules! Lower roof which makes fiddling with your boat easier. Longer body which makes for a more supportive platform. And more cargo space. The seats on this car are super comfy. Perfect road trip vehicle for a kayaker…

3 Likes

1 Like

I’d love to see how you get them up there. We struggled to get out boats on a Jeep Wrangler, even using the Rhino Rack Side Loader, which made it tons easier.

A rack system from Kari-Tek. A UK based company. I got mine several years ago when someone was importing them. I don’t think they still do but you could contact them. Virginia Sea Kayak Center. The website doesn’t look like it’s valid anymore. They do have a FB page.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I saw those online a few years back, forgot all about them. Thanks!

1 Like

I thought Marshall was talking about those or something similar a while back?

Nice Fiat van!

1 Like

Love the XC-70!

I had one of these for carrying 2 kayaks and found it useful. An interesting design benefit is that you can load the first kayak, raise it, change the pivot point, so that the first kayak becomes a counterweight to the 2nd, helping with the lifting. As I got older and even more puny, I went to the hullavator.