Boats on cars - let’s see ‘em!

Took a couple of mine to the airport this week! Dropping off friends who were very reluctant to head home after a week of vacation. I felt their pain having done the same thing a week earlier.

2 Likes

A shot of my setup a couple of days before my front tow eye arrived, so no tie on the bow in the pic.

1 Like

2 Likes

This my “new to me” 2000 Eddyline Falcon 18, my trusty 2009 Fit and my Thule rack with PVC “end bars” that I use to load from the side. The Falcon is a Kevlar build before Eddyline went to Carbonlite ABS. The Falcon gets a lot of points because it’s very pointy :slight_smile: .

7 Likes

@Wolf Nice pic and congrats on the new boat!

Thanks! It is practically a new boat. The registration sticker expired in 2003. It looked like it had been used a few times and then hung in the seller’s garage to collect dust. It was one of those lucky finds with a seller who had just retired and had only two weeks to get rid of things before moving.

Both car and boat look to be in excellent condition!!!

Our new (to us) Wilderness Systems Northstar Tandem getting ready for the trip home.

3 Likes

Hope you strapped it first!

I didn’t think of that… I figured the weight alone would keep it in place. :grinning:

It is pretty heavy. We actually ended up flipping it over (hull up) and using 4 straps, 2 per location (thanks @Celia.) One set to the cross rails and the second set to the front to back rails. Plus bow and stern lines. I had to take it 333 miles 95% at speeds between 55 and 75 so I did not want it shifting. Made it home by 1am… with no issues other than having to tighten the stern rope once.

I do not have a precise measurement but it knocked about 4 mpg off my fuel efficiency, which is consistent with what other folks have mentioned.

1 Like

Does this kinda-sorta-maybe qualify? :grinning:

9 Likes

18’ wenonah sundowner. Enough over hang to keep 2 camp chairs dry in the rain.

4 Likes

Fast hull.

1 Like

7 Likes

C30 (225K) didn’t die but it was presenting itself as a sentimental $pend-a-mental. Volvo owners keep a therapist on retainer.
XC60 was a “stepped in dog shit” deal. That means got lucky in Hawaiian. I’ll miss the C30, I could pull into the garage with the qajaq on the roof. I like the autumn leaf blanket in this sub urban forest.

Peace J

8 Likes

Is there a car under that gorgeous qajaq?

Accompanying the kayak … is that a bazooka or a GP?

GP quiver :peace_symbol: J

1 Like

We’re vacationing in Pittsburg NH and our place on Lake Francis has 2nd floor living with a 2nd floor deck. I looked out this morning and saw one boat peeking out, went out on the deck so we could see both. I’m not used to seeing my boat from above!

6 Likes

Meet Laa-Laa

7 Likes