Boats on cars - let’s see ‘em!

We have matching transport except mine is white.

1 Like

Not gonna convince anyone.
You can lead a horse to water…

If you were referring to my posted shot of several of my kayaks and solo canoe in the back of my (big yellow) camper, the photo was taken BEFORE I lashed each of the boats securely with Thule 12’ straps to large eyebolts that are fastened through the floor. I never travel with unsecured boats on or in a vehicle.

1 Like

Not my problem just my opinion.

1 Like

point taken.

31.2 mpg pulling tandem kayak on modified used boat trailer. I have had as many as 3 sea kayaks on it in the past. Sure, beats loading on a roof rack. Although I have always said and still believe that cars just look better with a boat on top!

5 Likes

3 Likes

Just like my parents before they were parents

3 Likes

Dang! I didn’t know those cars had been around that long! :wink: :laughing:

1 Like

Here are two kayaks I bought at Rutabaga in Madison Wisconsin.

The Delta AR12 was to heavy for me (72 years old) to easily lift up onto top of my Jeep. I traded it back in and bought the Swift Carbon Fusiin - Adirondack 12LT Firestrom red over Clear Carbon

It weighs in at 25 pounds. So much easier to load & unload. It’s an amazing kayak and handles so well. I’d highly recommend it for anyone looking to easily lift it onto their car or truck Rack.

An amazing Kayak I’m so happy I upgraded to a Carbon Fusion Kayak.

4 Likes

My kayak “workshop on wheels” used up and down the east coast year-round.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Just picked up another toy this weekend… a brand new Stellar S18S G2 surfski along with a Goodboys Paddlng V-Rack for transport. Amazing how easier it is to load and carry around a 34 pound boat. Super stoked! :grin:

8 Likes

Our two new (to us) Perception Carolina 14.5 Airalite kayaks loaded in our new (to us) Hullavators.

The hull of the kayak on the left is a little more yellow than the other one. Any idea how to brighten it up some? Without too much work… I think kayaks are to be used not just looked at :slight_smile:

Here is a view of the better looking kayak.

4 Likes

I know Perception isn’t making thermoform kayaks any more, but maybe contact Eddyline and/or Hurricane for their suggestions on what to use to clean up the yellow.

Ha, I started this thread a while ago and I forgot to post a pic of my new car! 2023 Subaru Crosstrek; I still have my 2014 Crosstrek as well, my parents are going to use it when they are in FL for the winter, but it has been retired from kayak hauling. I put a set of 53" Thule WingBar Evo crossbars and my existing Marco Saddles (with new bolts and wing nuts). Also got new straps and bow line; I change mine out every year or two as the UV is intense here and my straps are used every week.

6 Likes

Eddyline has advice on cleaning their Carbonlite here:

You could also carefully try Bar Keepers Friend powder cleanser. I’ve used it on a yellowed fiberglass hull and it was super-easy. But I’ve never used it on any sort of plastic. It contains a mild abrasive and oxalic acid, so try a small inconspicuous spot first. Their website doesn’t mention yes or no for plastic - be careful and rinse thoroughly if you try it.

Kerr Lake in NC. My fathers Perception Essence 16.5 and my trusty Nordkapp LV.

4 Likes

How about on a van…

5 Likes

Bar Keepers makes the same cleaner in a liquid form. Less abrasive.