Boats on cars - let’s see ‘em!

True. In your photo you have things under the kayak which, depending on what it is, could still provide for airbag activation?

Certainly not saying it’s a bad way to haul a boat, just something to think about.

Happy Paddlin’

I’d say the 'yak is firmly wedged and a side airbag won’t move it.

Northstar Northwind Solo and a cameo appearance by Mozart.

For the cyclists that’s a Ridley Noah hanging off the back.

1 Like

Raging dolphin bow on a Carbon Necky Tahsis.

2 Likes

You need a smaller car.

It would look outstanding on a Mini Cooper

Northstar Northwind 20 classing up the town Of Grand Marais MN on Lake Superior on our way to the BWCA.

1 Like

Pungo 125 ready for the morning group paddle on a local river

2 Likes

Ca 1900 Warren Cole Adirondack Guideboat ready for its return to the adks and it’s first race since restoration….

2 Likes

How about this?

13 Likes

Gotta love long boats on small cars. :+1:

Well I just spent a couple hours going through old photos trying to find my Wenonah Sundowner 18 on a vehicle. This is the best I’ve found of my canoe. A great shot at the landing going into the BWCA and my car in the background that just had a canoe on it. I brought my daughter and my dog Tilly who is probably standing next to me. Great tripping boat.

4 Likes

Amazing the boat is still in service and 122 years old. Beautiful wooden guideboat.

Finally took some pics.

A look at the bow and entrance to the water on a Westside Wave.

Yes, a bow line will be attached before it moves.

I can’t remember if this is a Wave Exceed or a Wave Excel, and I can’t find any pictures.

2 Likes

Necky Tahsis making the neighbors jealous.

1 Like

Necky Tahsis on the Madeline Island Ferry. Apostle Islands, Lake Superior, Bayfield to La Pointe WI.

6 Likes

Very dangerous

First time using the Thule Rack. My son picked up a '74 Laser (in awesome condition) that has now taken over the bed of the truck. That means if I didn’t want to stand on the shore watching him I had to adapt. Adapting means spending money in this case.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Get hit in the side where can your body go? Get rear ended it may buckle or bend and come towards you. Need rescued harder to get you out if car is on it’s side. You need to escape doubtful it’s easy to escape over a kayak. In and accident you never know what crazy stuff can happen.