Boats on cars - let’s see ‘em!

Oh boy that PB Spitfire is pretty - it would look great on my blue Mini.

Here’s mine with a Q400 and a CD Pachena in Cape Breton:

And the Cape Falcon SC-1 (built in Oregon with Brian)

\

And with a Struer Bel Ami (“hey, who’s that with a coffee table on their car?”)

2 Likes

A Current Designs Slipstream on an old Chevy in Key Largo…

7 Likes

A 17’ Aquanaut LV and a 16’ Avocet heading to Vancouver Island.

1 Like

This is an Eddyline Nighthawk 17.5 on a Ford Flex. The rack is a Yakima Sweet Roll, making it much easier to load since I don’t have to lift the entire kayak at once. I just set the bow on the back of the rack, pick up the stern and roll the boat into place.

1 Like

Always nice to see another flex owner

Not exactly on top, but my fleet fits inside my Jeep

2 Likes

Wanted a rack for my Ranger that was easy to remove. The four posts drop into the holes on the sides of the bed. As we have used Yakima racks for years and have the crossbar accessories I wanted to incorporate the round crossbars in the rack design.

2 Likes

Got my two solo sit-on-tops tied down and ready to go.

2 Likes

Our 1995 Walden and Aquaterra recreational kayaks still get plenty of use. The Thule TracRac SR racks will hold anything. The challenge is how high the F-250 is. Planning on making an assist lift similar to the New Zealand Rhino-Rack Nautic Kayak Loader.

5 Likes

Oops, wrong post on wrong pic. Sorry!

November 9, 2014

3 Likes

1 Like

Not really on the car , I use the trailer , a lot easier on the back with the tandem 180T

4 Likes

Dear kholman,

What brand of universal ladder rack are you using on your Colorado? I’m asking because I’m getting a used Chevy Longbed pickup that already has a fiberglass bed cover. I was hoping to get a single ladder rack section to mount at the cab and then use a hitch goalpost type bar on the rear.

Everything I can find seems to need to mount directly on the rails of the truck bed, and wouldn’t allow me to keep the cover mounted. I don’t want to lose the secured lockable storage provided by the cover.

I’m in my early 60’s and the wife is a few years older. I’m 6’5" and can handle our boats alone, but even I need a step ladder to secure them to the Yakima roof rack on my current pickup. That makes it too much like work to me!

If you, or anyone else can suggest a brand of racks that will fit under the cap or cover I’m all ears!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA :slight_smile:

My 35 pound surf ski

2 Likes

Google Photos

22’ Libra XT tandem

Google Photos

Solstice GT

2 Likes

NY you’re allow 3’ overhang front and rear.

Other laws are based on the wheelbase if you vehicle as to the length carried on top.

Laws by state.

Subaru Legacy with Rhino Racks. Cradles work well for a short trip to the bay.