Demographics . Haven't done it in awhile

The name reflects two of my mountain-related interests.
Older than dirt but not as old as water
SW Colorado
Kayak (surf ski most recently)
Have paddled all listed; I live where the water is flat but my favorite remains ocean paddling
About 20 years

Name: Wayne
Home: New Hampshire
Kayak or canoe: Kayak
Type of water: Ocean mostly, some flat water
Years paddling: 1

Nice avatar.

1 Like

Which state?

Not too fond of sharing too much on questions like this (see roym).

A few though:
handle: ~20 years ago or so I needed a user name for BoaterTalk (whitewater focused).
Paddlecraft: Canoe for rivers, kayak for open water. five canoes & three kayaks currently live here.
Years paddling: I’ll call it 44 since buying a canoe
Avatar: A lake Michigan beach somewhere - subject to change

For scammers
Mother’s maiden name: Monica
First Girlfriend: Monica
First car: Monica
High School: Atlantis High - go Dolphins
Birthplace: Trantor
SS# 123-45-6789
Drivers License 987-654-321 H
Bank Account: 000-000-654-000
Password: P@$$w0rD (they’ll never guess that)
Visa card: 789654123 Exp- 01-01-1900 code 000

2 Likes

Rival51, I went to school with your mother and girlfriend, and I really want to buy your boat. If you send me your bank account number, I’ll send a good faith check for $10,000. Tell me where you keep your boat. This is not a scam, what kind of boat is it? I think it’s rare.

2 Likes

handle: first initial and last name, wasn’t much for having a trail name on AT either😊

avatar: mural in Salida Co. Arkansas River

Age:60, just retired a couple of weeks ago, more worried about falling apart than running out of money, now is the time for my “serious” paddling to begin, pretty “beat up” physically but still up for a good day of “adventure paddling” followed by cold beer and a recovery day

Current Rides: 12r, and a pakayak rec kayak that breaks apart

Favorite water: seasonal class II-III creeks but “it’s all good”

Experience: absolutely clueless when it comes to long skinny boats (ocean kayaks or waveskis), canoe racing or freestyle. On WW when I take aca instructor classes (L3) I’ve got the worst form of any of the instructor candidates. Most of my paddling was done in canoes and c1s (six summers working for BSA at Maine High Adventure). Eight Seasons video boating on the New and Gauley Rivers. Legend in my own mind, but actually resemble a rec boater except I wear a pfd and dress for immersion. Current goal is to paddle all 50 states. Fifteen to go.

I fell apart in my 50s. So I took up kayaking (rather than continue c1ing, canoeing). I don’t really know what to do with the second blade on the paddle but was already decent at bouncing off of rocks so that helps. Current president of the West Virginia Wildwater Association and a Team River Runner Volunteer.

3 Likes

Monkeyhead - why? I don’t know. I am hairy like a monkey but not so much on my head anymore.
Moniker - That was my first outing after I picked up my Sterling boat in WA state.
Age - 60
Where are you? - Atlanta. Grew up in Chesapeake Bay area, started paddling when I moved to coastal Connecticut. Once my wife retires, I hope to get back to within a few miles of saltwater.
Kayak or canoe? Kayak since I was in my mid 20’s, but will be picking up my first open top (a PackBoat) at the end of January.
Type of water-flat, ocean, river, white? Where-ever I can go without scratching my bottom. Love marshes, estuaries, bays, flatwater rivers that have interesting wildlife (be it moose, alligators, manatees, etc.).
Years paddling? About 35.

This is actually fun;

Mickp - well, it’s mostly my name
Age - 58 (almost a youngster on here!) Counting down to retirement at 62, hopefully.
Where - Austin TX (transplanted from England, 25 years ago)
Kayak or Canoe - Kayak. I started out canoeing with my now ex-wife, which tells you how well that went. My partner now is a “casual” kayaker, which is nice - joins me on some day trips (but she “doesn’t do camping”).
Type of water - Flat. Mainly on the rivers here in Central TX, overnight trips. although I did just recently “discover” the TX Gulf Coast, which I’m very, very excited about! I love the solitude and wildlife.
Years paddling - I’ll go with about 8, although the canoe episodes were longer ago (and mostly best forgotten)!

Boat is classic rare sof Yost may require minor repairs so price must be more. Please to send cards of gift totaling $5.000,00 to repair thy credit rating.

That’s all. Will you take $100?

Hey, nice boat. Seriously!

Yes :innocent:

Well, that one is a decoration now. A bit too narrow and uncomfortable for me. Also, as I noted about minor repairs, it needs re-skinned. I made some errors when I cut the frames and they were wearing through the skin. Didn’t see any benefit in investing any more into it so cut the skin off & hung up the frame.

In its better days:

1 Like

rsevenic
Age 81 on Dec.20, 2021
Where are you? North Idaho
Kayak or canoe? kayak
Type of water? flat water on ocean, lake, or river/creek
Years paddling? kayak 14 years, canoe when in teens and twenties

I’ve been replaced!

ptickner
Age 52
Where: western Colorado, grew up on the east coast of FL, summers through high school and college in the Adirondacks
Kayak or canoe? Both. Whitewater canoe for many years, now mostly flatwater canoe and sea kayak with my young son. Have plenty of different canoes and kayaks to choose from.
Type of water-flat, ocean, river, white? Whitewater was the choice recreationally and professionally for years (former WW River Ranger and Swiftwater Rescue Team Leader and Instructor), now mostly flatwater. Shoulders and knees just aren’t what they used to be.
Years paddling? I started working at my Uncle’s canoe business in the Adirondack’s in 1985, and have paddled ever since.

My avatar is from an old photo of ww paddling with my dog (here’s another one). I could run Class III-IV with him all day and he’d just sit there and wag his tail.

My new paddling partner isn’t quite as well behaved! (my 7 year old)

1 Like

Rival51, sorry but I don’t have the skill or ability for a boat like that. Could I get my deposit back, please. Sorry to hear about the errors, but I trust it wasn’t shelved without an upgrade.

Sure jyak … check your payme account

Let me give you my bank account number and shoe size . . .