More spring temps in February

57 in SW MI yesterday.

68 in southern Illinois today

Very pleasant in NW SC today, 70 ish. Makes me wonder if we’re going to cook July-Sep.
It’s almost strange to be comfortable outside in a t-shirt when there are no leaves on the trees.
And a mosquito showed up.

And ICE comming on Wednesday night.

That creek could use a little water.

3 Likes

Northern Nevada 28/4 F with snow. Snow off and on for the next 10 days. We will be lucky to make it to 40. There is a big dip in the Jet Stream. Everything West of it is cold and everything East of it is warm.

77 in southern Illinois today. Turtles are out.

Around here (southern New England) I have seen crocuses up. Irises are starting to push up, but I haven’t seen daffodils or tulips yet. Won’t be long. There was a story on TV last night about how bad the maple sugar season is going to be this year - not enough cold nights, at least around here. Probably better up in NH and VT.

1 Like

Spring? Not today, not here.

DSC_0107

1 Like

-22 this morning at my house.

-32 on the river bottoms according to 2 friends who live there.

70 here. Going paddling .
Went paddling, 78 and little wind.

Collected some trash

And found this. We were told it’s a fish attractor. Couldn’t bring it in.

2 Likes

Sweet. We had a fairly warm winter until now. Eyeball freezing wind today. Everything is frozen solid again. Going from above normal to below normal temps suck. I hope March is better. Until then I’m dreaming of paddling.

Okay, there’s been a delay with paddling this creek…

Good idea!

3 Likes

In NE Florida it is the begining of spring planting season.

Pollen is way active.

The robins are forming up for northward flight. Spring will be coming to y’all up north soon enough.

Ok that’s a buzzard awaiting the wind. They fly north too. It’s sitting in a red maple that has bloomed and those are the red “helicopter” seeds.

Sixty-four degrees of frost!!!
River bottom’s no longer tossed,
nor shaken, stirred, while on the rocks,
non-migratories stuck there in blocks,

along with depths once on the go,
now one big sheet of H-2-Nooo
you don’t take fresh air facial
or black-n-blue frost bites all glacial!

“I’m just going outside and may be some time.”
(be sure to bring the ponies in)

Guess what - we got a little snow. Off to paddle - 40 and rain this afternoon.

Nice to see you got a clear driveway to roll out of, Eck. Not like up this way–But oh well, to quote the late great Dennis Squires (a former local legend-paddling partner):
“Snow is money in the whitewater bank.”

3 Likes

Snow blowers cheap on Long Island soon. No :snowflake::snowflake: :snowflake::cloud_with_snow:

Darned if I didn’t see a pair of cranes this morning - in February in Wisconsin. That’s a first for me. Another first - Los Angeles county got more snow this week than we did so far this year. That’s a sentence I never thought I’d write.

2 Likes