Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Planning to camp there on our tip down the 1st of March. No Photos of dragging the boat?

About a mile to the closest land at low tide Romain Harbor. There are large shallow areas in some sections. These were taken on an October camping trip 2011.

You can see the marsh in the distance behind my son.

No good ones. By the time I thought to take a pic we were out of the worst of it. Since we had a time constraint we were trying to get through the muck as quickly as we could.

11 Likes

Shallow water…

Looks similar to the gulf coast big bend area of Florida…I’ve hit wading water a mile off shore. It’s not just a tide thing either.

1 Like

I have done some scalloping around Steinhatchee and Cedar Key back in the late 70s and early 80s. had to walk the skiff long ways sometimes to get to deep enough water to run the outboard.

Paddling by the woods on a snowy morning.

(With apologies to Mr. Frost.) Near my house on the Huron River in SE MI. Perfect conditions, the wind hasn’t blown off yesterday’s wet snow yet and its not far below freezing. Not that I wouldn’t mind paddling in some of the tropical paradises in all those posts above. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Afternoon urban paddle. Fort Worth, TX

2 Likes

I would love to paddle there!

Easy access under Henderson St bridge.
Dropped pin

This section is part of the Trinity Paddling Trail.
https://www.nrtdatabase.org/trailDetail.php?recordID=4002

5 Likes

St Johns River Jacksonville Fl

10 Likes

Spent last weekend in Whittier. Paris made a new friend

8 Likes

Benbrook Lake

3 Likes

22 miles yesterday - one more long paddle on Sunday then I will begin to taper off for the Everglades Challenge. Start is three weeks from tomorrow!! :flushed:

Snack break pics on Caladesi Island, sailing pic off of Three Rooker Island (or what’s left of it)

7 Likes

Islet in Morro Bay

3 Likes

The moonrise over the ICW at Buck Hall a few nights ago.

5 Likes

2 Likes

@castoff. Surreal and peaceful.

11 Likes

Beautiful! I’m glad I don’t live there.

1 Like