Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

It was fun to paddle out to all the superyachts and look them up on the internet to see who owned them :laughing:

2 Likes

I saw lots and lots of huge yachts and some really cool classic sailboats (more my interest) when I was there. There was always something fun to look at when I was out sailing or paddling.

1 Like

Crazy winter here in cny

4 Likes

We had ice-out here in SE Michigan last week which allowed me to paddle past a section of the Huron frequented by eagles. There were ospreys and red tail hawks withing a few hundred yards of them, not sure why they were having a bird of prey convention.

7 Likes

Paw Paw river yesterday (SW MI).

Some snow highlights remained from the “light, passing snow showers” the day before.

Couple pics from the St Joseph earlier this week.

Since the “big” melt a couple weeks ago the Paw Paw has dropped from 2000 cfs to 500 cfs and the St Joseph has dropped from 10000 cfs to 5000 cfs. Lots of fun experiencing the rivers at different levels as they change daily.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Sunset over Lake Michigan yesterday

11 Likes

A slice of heaven on earth.

1 Like

Our joke around Newport yachts was
“Hey! He cut me off”

1 Like

Haha, one of my favorite movies!

Another Lake Michigan sunset.

Ran into a local on the walk back to the car. I like it when they are so calm.

5 Likes

Lake Michigan sunset from the other side :wink:

(This was from last week)

3 Likes

I might be at the lake this weekend if the weather is decent and my goal is to get this shot:

It’s hard to get the husband to pose, his patience is about five minutes.

Find a nice scenic background and have him hold my boat like this:

I wasn’t the only one enjoying the weather out there today. Also saw a turtle basking on a log, pretty messed up for February in Michigan.

4 Likes

Colorado River, north of Laughlin on the Nevada side.

5 Likes

I saw one following a scent on the ice the other day. Turkeys, probably. Too far to get a decent phone pic, but definitely not as healthy-looking as yours.

He’s a beauty, big and healthy

Friday morning on my way to the Chauga River for a day of fly fishing for trout and another of my way home after a good day of fishing on a river I had to myself.

6 Likes

Gig Harbor Washington

Blood moon with an old iPhone

8 Likes

Can’t wait to float that and camp at Mojave!