Show me some pretty color schemes

Yes! Novorca, thanks. They were some exquisite paddles, works of art.

Long been a fan of your paddles, Roy. Since I travel with folding kayaks your 4 piecers are very desirable. I have a 4 piece carbon Cannon Euro blade that packs in the outside pocket of the standard rolling checkin bag that either of my two smallest folders can be packed in but often have wished I could bring a GP to the farther reaches.

I discovered two years ago that my 220 cm Gearlab two piece fits perfectly in a pink camo lady’s padded rifle bag so I think I could check that or even bring it as carryon (once the skeptical TSA volk poke and prod it to prove it isn’t ordnance.)

Roym, Willow would look good using one of your paddles. Photo Op?

2 Likes

Well if you insist on gifting one to me, who am I to argue? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, I love hearing you talk about and seeing your paddles.

2 Likes

I would never know what one to send anyone…There are so many differences in paddles that I have made.

3 Likes

I love my Superior Kayaks GP, but it’s ugly. It’s dull and yellowed. Yours are so gorgeous. Maybe I will try to spiff mine up at some point.

1 Like

Love it!!! Nice choice :blush:

I am in awe! SUCH a beautiful boat!!

1 Like

@roym this is such a cool photo of your really cool paddles!
My father-in-law has just crafted a red cedar Greenland paddle for me that I’m looking forward to trying out as my first foray into Greenland paddling. Any good resources you’d recommend to those switching from Euroblade?

Hi Mogeton

Here is a good site to spend some time.
https://qajaqusa.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=349669&module_id=339251

3 Likes

Thanks @roym !

1 Like

And Greg, the author, stops by here frequently.

1 Like

Not the color scheme I would have chosen if ordering new, but the red, white and blue patriot look isn’t all that bad.

2 Likes

The Solstice looks great in Aqua.

The author of this book owned the Aqua Solstice GT. Mine’s the yellow one on the left in the back row

4 Likes

Like the color on your Petrel Play. Been watching some videos of rough water tests of the Petrel Play. Seems to be along the lines of the Mariner Coaster - Swedeform, high volume rockered bow, high angled bow and stern (creating a longer waterline). Pretty cool playboat.

You should share on another thread your thoughts of the boat after some play time.

sing

2 Likes

Sing, I will try to remember to do that later next season. I took delivery on my Petrel Play fairly late this year (September 10), but I was able to paddle it on a 5-day trip to the Schoodic Peninsula in Maine. It was a blast! Highlights:

1. It’s 14’ long and weighs 31 pounds.

2. I had no trouble keeping pace with the typical 17’ sea kayak particularly in rough water.

3. It has good initial stability and great secondary. It seems like I can hold it on edge forever.

4. The boat is so maneuverable and light I look like a much better kayaker than I actually am.

1 Like

@Pru Someone just posted this poc of Seaward Kayaks, and the top one on the rack is your new colour scheme! Thought you’d like another confirmation that those colours together are GORGEOUS :star_struck: (I know yours is the reverse, but those colours are so pretty together!)

5 Likes

Guess we’ll compare notes on our respective playboats next spring. Mine will get to me at the end of January. It’ll look like this one that is going to someone else ahead me in the queue.

sing

5 Likes

Nice! That looks like one of Sterling’s models.

Great selection of Seaward kayaks, they make excellent boats.