Welcome to forum of beating a dead horse

Where is this horse? I want to get a shot in.

DH, you are in the vicinity. Depends on who got up on the wrong side of the bed and posted pre coffee.

Rookie, I know. Thatā€™s what makes this forum so tolerable, the . . . irreverence.

I think the horse has gone down the river. I noticed the forum was a bit quiet lately. Every now and then somebody has to open a few gates to let some water out. Some kayakers get restless when the water ices over. I expect a post on scubayaking.

Better to get it out here than on your SO.

I just want to say thanks to all you old farts for the wealth of information, knowledge and expertise you provide to people like myself, directly or just as often indirectly in past posts. I have read a ton of posts here on this board and I am now already an expert myself! Just kidding on that last point.

I would just say consider that a younger paddler of the next generation probably is eager to get out there (I am for example). Although all the gear and best practice arguments and epic discussions have been done to death, there is no end to encouraging and supporting new paddlers. So thatā€™s a good focus to have.

4 Likes

Speaking of irony, I replied directly to you, and yet you refer to my reply in reply to someone else.

Anyway, I spent a few years away and came back to not only the same old horse, but it being beaten in the same old way. So, Iā€™ll listen to @sing and take another few years off, no one missed me before and they wonā€™t miss me now.

Davebart, I enjoyed your company. Look forward to more if your here.

Roll, roll, roll your boat
Roll, roll, roll your boat
Or you are not a real kayaker

1 Like

@davbart - Is not about whether someone will miss you or not. I am sure someone will. More important, are you enjoying your participation in the forums? If yes, you should stay. If it aggravates you, then it may not be worth it.

There are other PNet/PCom ā€œold timersā€ that I miss seeing/reading. These tend to be folks who tried to be positive, helpful and even keel in most of their postings. But I saw them get irked too every so often. It can be understandable in some cases that stretched the patienceā€¦ (I noticed a reference to ā€œPammieā€ above.) Itā€™s what it is ā€œto be human.ā€ Some I know have passed (paddled) on from this worldā€¦ The others have decided that it is no longer enjoyable to be here for the time/energy expended. They may change their minds in the future and drop back in. The site hopefully will be around to augment their joy of being on the water, or interacting virtually with those who share the same passion.

sing

3 Likes

Disk versus rim brake.

Oops, sorry, wrong forum. :slight_smile:

Depends

Suggest trying horse as a SUP

Whoops. Sorry!

Albert Einstein said it best - ā€œInsanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different resultsā€.

The message board equivalent is ā€œInsanity is saying the same thing over and over again and expecting it to change peopleā€™s mindsā€.

Never happens, but we keep trying anyway.

Thatā€™s OK - Iā€™m always good for a message board debate. Unfortunately, there havenā€™t been many lately that have caught my interest.

What!? Have you finally decided to accept your closed deck kayaking brethen (gnats) hogging up your WW runs, destroying the beauty and tradition of OC paddlers deftly navigating with their single paddles down speckling ribbons of blue? Thought only canoeist can hear the true ā€œSong of the Paddleā€ while the rest of us are tone deaf.

You have obviously gone soft with all your intermingling.

sing

All true, and I may have gone soft. Iā€™ll try to be more aggressive (aka ā€œobnoxiousā€) in the future. :wink:

1 Like

Sure. Glad to be the ā€œdevilā€ on your left shoulder.

sing :japanese_goblin:

1 Like

Dead horses? Let the neigh-hem rein.

to quote Twain: In promulgating your esoteric cogitations, or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable, philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your conversational communications possess a clarified conciseness, a compact comprehensibleness, coalescent consistency, and a concatenated cogency. Eschew all conglomerations of flatulent garrulity, jejune babblement and asinine affectations. Let your extemporaneous descantings and unpremeditated expatiations have intelligibility and veracious vivacity, without rhodomontade or thrasonical bombast. Sedulously avoid all polysyllabic profundity, pompous prolixity, psittaceous vacuity, ventriloquial verbosity and vaniloquent vapidity. Shun double-entendres, purient pscosity, and pestiferous profanity, obscurant or apparent.

1 Like